Subject: Removable Stickers Reusable? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been answered, I did a brief forum search and didn't find anything. To anyone who has been able to play with and test the removable sticker set, are they designed to be one time use only? As the release date approaches I'm trying to get as prepared as possible for the release of this wonderful game, and I would love to be able to play it for many years to come as it sounds like my idea of the perfect game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't get the stickers, but I can't see that they really matter much. I only see three places they're used :

1. To show locations on the board. Who cares if those stick around? I see no problem with playing the game with every one of those stickers on the board already.

2. Achievements. You could write that down on a slip of paper next time you play. Not a problem at all.

3. Enhancing cards. This is the only possible problem. I guess it depends on how much you use them and it would still be pretty simple to work around anyway.

Finally, if the stickers are still stressing you out, there's an app that handles #1 and #2 for you so you can be at "pristine" condition every time you want to run through it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the actual tracking (#1 and #2 in Michael's summary) can be handled via print out references people have posted to BGG, which actually work generally better than unfolding the big map just to find out which number you want to play next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Rose
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't made it to enhancements yet, but my plan is to put them on the card sleeves.
I'm Legacy-ing the game and still would put them on the sleeves.
I'll be able to play a complete new game if I want to, and have the time, just by using an app instead of the board.
Easy-Peasy-Cragheart-Squeezy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the map and achievements seem easy to track, im mostly concerned about enchantments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OregonPinkRose wrote:
I haven't made it to enhancements yet, but my plan is to put them on the card sleeves.

That's such an obvious and easy solution for people not wanting to put stickers on their player cards. How come I didn't figure that out on my own? shake

I honestly am not being sarcastic - that's a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörn Mang
Germany
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my limited experience, the removable stickers can be peeled off and applied again. When I enhanced a card a couple of days ago, I changed my mind a few minutes later, peeled a sticker off and put a different one on the card. A few minutes later, my wife used the sticker I had peeled off and it looks like everything works. I've also re-applied a sticker on the world map after two weeks to correct my ever so slight misplacement.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I was tracking my enhancements by putting paper slips in the sleeves, but just got my copy of the removable sticker set the other day. From what little I’ve tested them, I would say no, they are meant to be removable cleanly, not also reusable. I wanted to redo an achievement sticker straighter and I scuffed the corner pretty good getting it off.

...Hah, saw the above, maybe I’m just incompetent at removal. To clarify, the adhesive worked fine on my reuse too, it just didn’t seem designed to peel off easy for good looking reuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OregonPinkRose wrote:
I'm Legacy-ing the game and still would put them on the sleeves.
I'll be able to play a complete new game if I want to, and have the time, just by using an app instead of the board.
Easy-Peasy-Cragheart-Squeezy.

This is actually genius. Because you can then just replace the card sleeves, and keep the stickered ones to be used as the enhancement next run-through...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
This is actually genius. Because you can then just replace the card sleeves, and keep the stickered ones to be used as the enhancement next run-through...

Why would you need removable stickers, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverrobert wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:

Err, I didn't at all suggest you would?
This solution negates the need for any at all. (I'm not sure if you've confused me with someone else, as that was my first post in this thread...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
silverrobert wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:

Err, I didn't at all suggest you would?
This solution negates the need for any at all. (I'm not sure if you've confused me with someone else, as that was my first post in this thread...)

Because with his solution (which I also do) you still may need additional stickers. The only practical source of additional stickers available being removable stickers.

Therefore you need removable stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds great, but how would you manage 2 enhancements on the same card? Or does that not even happen often enough to be a concern?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't tried the enhancement stickers yet but I've removed the location ones a couple times and they're definitely able to be reused and with the same level of bonding strength. No crinkling or frayed edges or rips at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends group is sleeving the cards and they are using some small color stickers they picked up. It is a multi-color pack so it has all the elements by color code and they just write on the modifier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.