Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games for a large group of casuals (10-11) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant F.
msg tools
I am going to a meetup tomorrow. What games can I play for moistly casuals?

I want to start off with a game for everybody and then break into 2 or more groups.

Resistance Avalon, Formula D (but too long), 6 Nimmt is all I can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nalum Tei
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Code Names or Ricochet Robots (too much thinking)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lam
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Codenames

You can have teams of 5 or 6. There's a 3 team variant too, but I've never tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kempkes
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Monikers is a good group casual game. I also like Exploding Kittens and Bears vs. Babies for large groups.

If you want social deduction and people are okay with the theme: Secret Hitler. This game has provided a lot of intriguing fun.

Aaron

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Werewords or Insider
Telestrations (although not really a game when I play it...but always filled with laughs)
Monikers
Concept
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
CO
flag msg tools
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong goes to 12 and is like a mixture of Resistance and Mysterium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
I don't really like party games but I guess we have to play one to start off and then split into 2-3 groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kempkes
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Well games like Secret Hitler, Coup and Resistance are the types of party games that have a little bit more strategy to them so they don't feel like they are mindless. I like Monikers but it can just be silly. If your group isn't for silly, don't do Monikers. However, my family isn't very big into board games and the games that have gotten the most participants so far over a couple Christmases and Thanksgivings are Exploding Kittens, Monikers and Lords of Vegas.

Aaron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
alkgames wrote:
Well games like Secret Hitler, Coup and Resistance are the types of party games that have a little bit more strategy to them so they don't feel like they are mindless. I like Monikers but it can just be silly. If your group isn't for silly, don't do Monikers. However, my family isn't very big into board games and the games that have gotten the most participants so far over a couple Christmases and Thanksgivings are Exploding Kittens, Monikers and Lords of Vegas.

Aaron

I could never figure how to play Resistance (Avalon) well. Played Secret Hitler once didn't like it. Coup was ok, but I am not good at these types of games. Monikers is to silly.

I think I will suggest splitting up right away or play a 6 or 7 player game with more strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Mueller
msg tools
Werewolf
Nobody is Perfect
Pictionary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Codenames
Also Wits & Wagers - esp with the Vegas update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
branden price
United States
Owensboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance
Codenames
Cards Against Humanity
Joking Hazard
One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
Not unexpectedly, a lot of people flaked out so we ended up with 5 lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't overlook a game like Wings of Glory - it can play any number from 2-99. You'll just need to shell out (one time) about $10 per player to pick up a miniature (airplane) for each person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.