Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Considering that I own the original Dead of Winter, I was recently given the Broken Token insert as a birthday gift, except it was the insert for 'DoW: The Long Night', and not the insert for DoW. I much appreciate the gift of course, but I don't own The Long Night, nor do I plan to.

So before I consider returning the item so that he can get his money back (or perhaps working out an exchange with BT instead), I'm asking those of you who have the original Dead of Winter if this insert can work well for that game (only)? I'd rather not open to learn for myself, incase it's a no-go.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Garrett
United States
Oxford
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Will the Broken Token Organizer work (only) for the original game?
I don't have the one for the original Dead of Winter, but I DO have the one for The Long Night. It will definitely work for the base game but it will have several unused slots if you don't put The Long Night in there too. There are several slots that are specific to modules in The Long Night and it was made to hold BOTH games. So, if you absolutely don't want to get the other game then it might not be a bad idea to return/ exchange it. I think there would be a lot of empty space in the insert and things would likely move around a bit too much causing token to get loose from where they are supposed to stay.

If you're interested, I can post some pictures of mine. Just let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brycen Hupe
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would be interested in seeing how you store both DOW and The Long Night in the Long Night storage solution. I only have The Long Night but I was under the impression each storage solution only fit the components of the respective box. I am, however, looking at getting The Long Night's storage solution and DOW soon and if I don't need the DOW storage solution as well, that would be fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Garrett
United States
Oxford
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm attaching some photos of how the Broken Token organizer fits for my box. I keep all of the zombie and character standees from the base game in the original box for ease of sorting just FYI. I've also recently moved a lot of the cardboard tokens into a foamcore insert in the original box too, because it's better for me to have two sets of trays when playing a five player game.

I've had everything in The Long Night box before so it's definitely possible, but had to remove the clear plastic base from each standee every time I got the game out, which was a pain. It was a struggle to get everything in there and was an obnoxiously TIGHT FIT. The biggest pains were the standees and the blue dice. The easiest stuff to manage were the cards and the tokens.

However, this insert does hold all the cards from both games really well. In these pictures I've combine the cards from both games. The box lid will be slightly raised with the insert in too, so be aware of that. You'll notice there are specific slots for The Long Night special locations. All of the new location tiles and player mats fit nicely on top of everything and still leaves room for the The Colony board.

-Patrick

P.S. I personally think the insert is "okay". It isn't perfect but for me it beats having to cut out foamcore and glue it all together (which is what I did for the base game). I hope this helps, and please let me know if you need more pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brycen Hupe
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Gledhill
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the pictures, that insert looks amazing. Though sadly probably wouldn't work for my game, as we have sleeved the cards. However after mutiliating the insert provided, the fit quit snug horizontally in the provided space

This was our solution:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.