Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using the optional rule of World-coding your Epic Threat Decks, the "Core Set" Epic threats sorta vanish from play. This was OK with me for a while due to their generally lower power level, but the new Traits packs make them awesome again! It would be nice to get a Jargono Epic Threat card for the Harbinger and a Targa one for the Goliath, as these are the respective Otherworlds that come with these Enemies.

Yah?

- Jee

P.S. I wouldn't say no to a Cynder version of the Harbinger either, what with the demon-y vibe and the Shadow Magik trait option. Oooo, or a Derelict Ship Goliath to go with the Alien Trait option!

P.P.S. This may/may not be an elaborate ruse to make use of the fact that I somehow have 2 Harbinger Models and 3 Goliaths, and could therefore field multiple paint jobs for different Worlds.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a neat idea. You can get blank Jargano cards from FFP and perhaps make your own

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/shadows-of-br...

But something official would be fantastic.

A Cynder Harbinger would be a lot of fun.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
If you're using the optional rule of World-coding your Epic Threat Decks, the "Core Set" Epic threats sorta vanish from play. This was OK with me for a while due to their generally lower power level, but the new Traits packs make them awesome again! It would be nice to get a Jargono Epic Threat card for the Harbinger and a Targa one for the Goliath, as these are the respective Otherworlds that come with these Enemies.

Yah? :D

- Jee

P.S. I wouldn't say no to a Cynder version of the Harbinger either, what with the demon-y vibe and the Shadow Magik trait option. Oooo, or a Derelict Ship Goliath to go with the Alien Trait option!

P.P.S. This may/may not be an elaborate ruse to make use of the fact that I somehow have 2 Harbinger Models and 3 Goliaths, and could therefore field multiple paint jobs for different Worlds.


I treat the Harbringer as a Jargono and Cynder Epic Threat, and the Goliath as a Targa and Derelict Ship Epic Threat. No need to change the cards, just make them so. I will paint up the Jargono and Space versions when Wave 2 arrives.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
Inspector Jee wrote:
If you're using the optional rule of World-coding your Epic Threat Decks, the "Core Set" Epic threats sorta vanish from play. This was OK with me for a while due to their generally lower power level, but the new Traits packs make them awesome again! It would be nice to get a Jargono Epic Threat card for the Harbinger and a Targa one for the Goliath, as these are the respective Otherworlds that come with these Enemies.

Yah?

- Jee

P.S. I wouldn't say no to a Cynder version of the Harbinger either, what with the demon-y vibe and the Shadow Magik trait option. Oooo, or a Derelict Ship Goliath to go with the Alien Trait option!

P.P.S. This may/may not be an elaborate ruse to make use of the fact that I somehow have 2 Harbinger Models and 3 Goliaths, and could therefore field multiple paint jobs for different Worlds.


I treat the Harbringer as a Jargono and Cynder Epic Threat, and the Goliath as a Targa and Derelict Ship Epic Threat. No need to change the cards, just make them so. I will paint up the Jargono and Space versions when Wave 2 arrives.

Yeah, this is the poor man's version. But I would love an official version with the nifty Otherworld icon so it's easy to find. Official version could also have unique abilities relative to the world and independent of Traits. For instance, a Jargono Harbinger could summon Bogbats instead of Hellbats. A Cynder Harbinger could summon Lavabats. A Targa Goliath could be Cold-Blooded (every Hero adjacent takes an wound at Start of Turn) or have something even crazier like:

Frozen Solid (+ 1 Threat Card) - the Goliath is entombed in solid ice along with some offerings made to it by some inhabitants of the world, who revere it as a deity! The Goliath does not get an Activation as long as it remains frozen. When it has suffered wounds equal to it's Health, the ice shatters - the Goliath remains on the board, heals all wounds, and may activate as normal from then on (even during the same Turn). Draw 1 extra Loot Card at the End of the Fight. While Goliath remains frozen, draw a Darkness Card at the Start of the Turn.

- Jee
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to hijack the thread but I think it would be great to be able to buy a "mixed" set of blank Other World cards consisting of 2 blank Artifact,Encounter and Other World Threat cards from each of the 6 Other Worlds so one can implement ideas such as this on a smaller scale for each Other World, rather than buying sets of 15 blank cards for $10 for each Other World.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, I am pretty sure these two threats aren’t native to Jargono or Targa. They are from the more generic demon/void class of enemies that have no distinct Other World affiliation.

Plus, there are epic threats specific to those worlds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Thematically, I am pretty sure these two threats aren’t native to Jargono or Targa. They are from the more generic demon/void class of enemies that have no distinct Other World affiliation.

Plus, there are epic threats specific to those worlds.


With the enemy trait pack you get a trait for the Harbinger that gives him Ancient and Cynder. The Goliath gets one that makes him Alien.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Thematically, I am pretty sure these two threats aren’t native to Jargono or Targa. They are from the more generic demon/void class of enemies that have no distinct Other World affiliation.

Plus, there are epic threats specific to those worlds.

Harvesters have no Otherworld affiliation either, and they show up basically everywhere. Same with Trederran Raiders. Heck, Slashers, Hellbats, and Night Terrors show up in a multitude of Otherworld-specific threats and they're generic core set Enemies - just the like the Harbinger and Goliath. My point is that an Enemy doesn't have to be native to a world to show up there; it just needs have to a version of itself from that world.

- Jee
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Thematically, I am pretty sure these two threats aren’t native to Jargono or Targa. They are from the more generic demon/void class of enemies that have no distinct Other World affiliation.

Plus, there are epic threats specific to those worlds.

Harvesters have no Otherworld affiliation either, and they show up basically everywhere. Same with Trederran Raiders


I'm fairly certain Trederran Raiders are affiliated with TREDERRAlaugh! Yes, from there they go everywhere, but Trederra is without question their origin point and home.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Solan wrote:
Inspector Jee wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Thematically, I am pretty sure these two threats aren’t native to Jargono or Targa. They are from the more generic demon/void class of enemies that have no distinct Other World affiliation.

Plus, there are epic threats specific to those worlds.

Harvesters have no Otherworld affiliation either, and they show up basically everywhere. Same with Trederran Raiders


I'm fairly certain Trederran Raiders are affiliated with TREDERRAlaugh! Yes, from there they go everywhere, but Trederra is without question their origin point and home.

Yes, I suppose so! And yet, they're everywhere!

- Jee
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Thematically, I am pretty sure these two threats aren’t native to Jargono or Targa. They are from the more generic demon/void class of enemies that have no distinct Other World affiliation.

Plus, there are epic threats specific to those worlds.

Harvesters have no Otherworld affiliation either, and they show up basically everywhere. Same with Trederran Raiders. Heck, Slashers, Hellbats, and Night Terrors show up in a multitude of Otherworld-specific threats and they're generic core set Enemies - just the like the Harbinger and Goliath. My point is that an Enemy doesn't have to be native to a world to show up there; it just needs have to a version of itself from that world.

- Jee

OK so I really don’t get your point then. If you want Epic threats from everywhere to show up in any other world, you simply draw an Epic threat card. The only time the world-specific tag is relevant is when you want a native threat, at which point you draw until you hit one of those.

So if you’re saying they should show up there because things can wander, then simply draw an Epic threat by the default method.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dormammu wrote:
OK so I really don’t get your point then. If you want Epic threats from everywhere to show up in any other world, you simply draw an Epic threat card. The only time the world-specific tag is relevant is when you want a native threat, at which point you draw until you hit one of those.

So if you’re saying they should show up there because things can wander, then simply draw an Epic threat by the default method.


He is saying that he wants some mechanically distinct versions of the generic epics that are themed to specific worlds

A Swamp Harbinger that is themed to Jargono (maybe accompanied by bog bats the way the burrower comes with tentacles?)

An Ice Goliath that can be encountered in Targa

A Shadow Harbinger (or Harbinger of Beli'Al?) that casts shadow magic and is themed to Cynder

That sort of thing. He is looking for variant epic threats the same way we already have variant spiders and stranglers and hell bats and so on for the different other worlds.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DistantOasis wrote:

He is saying that he wants some mechanically distinct versions of the generic epics that are themed to specific worlds

A Swamp Harbinger that is themed to Jargono (maybe accompanied by bog bats the way the burrower comes with tentacles?)

An Ice Goliath that can be encountered in Targa

A Shadow Harbinger (or Harbinger of Beli'Al?) that casts shadow magic and is themed to Cynder

That sort of thing. He is looking for variant epic threats the same way we already have variant spiders and stranglers and hell bats and so on for the different other worlds.

Right. Which we DO have now, thanks to Trait cards. What I need now is an Epic Threat card with a Jargono/Targa symbol for those Enemies so I can easily sort it out of my Epic threat deck.

Dormammu wrote:
OK so I really don’t get your point then. If you want Epic threats from everywhere to show up in any other world, you simply draw an Epic threat card. The only time the world-specific tag is relevant is when you want a native threat, at which point you draw until you hit one of those.

So if you’re saying they should show up there because things can wander, then simply draw an Epic threat by the default method.

I don't want ALL the Epic Threats to show up in Otherworlds - only the ones that come with the Core Sets (and the ones specific to that Otherworld). I don't know what your collection is like, but my Epic Threat deck is 30+ cards - without adding in the Otherworld Epic Threats. Adding all of those mine-generics to the Jargono Epic Threats just so I might have the option of drawing a Harbinger will also flood the potential outcomes with undesirable non-Jargono Threats.

- Jee

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.