Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, y'all.

So I'm just getting in to painting these minis. They're turning out OK, but I've only painted the ninjas and mousers and stuff like that so far.

When they're all done and sealed, are the games original plastic trays ok for storage? I see a lot of people getting these foam inserts. I'm sure those are more protective, but will the trays actually damage the paint or anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've varnished the minis properly, the plastic trays are fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gotteri
United Kingdom
CHESTERFIELD
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Were Mouser minis a kickstarter exclusive?
I got the retail version and the only Mousers are tokens in the Splinter Character pack.

Would love to see some of these TMNT minis painted. (hint!)

Thanks,
David (UK)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Yes, they were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Thompson
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trays aren't "tight" to the miniature. They don't snap in, or friction fit or anything. So the paint wear should be pretty minimal. If the box of minis is getting moved around a lot, carried from place to place, there could be some wear from the surface contact and agitation. Depends a bit on the durability of the paint you chose to use.
As mentioned above, spray shellac or varnish will help with durability. I think constant handling would cause more wear then the trays.
-Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.