The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire» Forums » General

Subject: The Three Structures That I Ended Up Cutting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clayton Weaver

Jefferson City
Missouri
msg tools
Manhattan Project: Energy Empire is a great game full of interesting decisions. I know everyone's group can dictate which strategies remain powerful but there are a couple of structures I have slight issues with and so I decided to cut them out of their respective decks.

National Park (Government Structure)

I think I've seen this card come down five times on first turn and it a powerhouse every time it does. Keeping pollution in check with Fishery or Resort is a bit of a juggling act due to the nature of the Clean-Up being in the Government section of the board. With National Park, however, the synergy is built-in and the strategy is probably too simple for a game of this nature.

Publishing House (Commerce Structure)

In terms of flexibility, this structure seems unmatched with no real downside. Other Commerce structures have conversions that generate points but this one generates 2 whole points on its own or gives you the option to get cash. While the cash is nothing to write home about when compared to something like National Park, the ability is still quite welcome and it makes the Publishing House seem much stronger than most of the other structures.

Computer Factory (Industry Structure)

While not a game breaker, I feel like its ability to allow a player to ignore spaces on the board like 'Trade', 'Finance' and 'Sell Oil' while pursuing a straight Industry strategy probably doesn't make the game better. Industry engines are efficient enough and giving them flexibility probably isn't the best idea and I enjoy the thought of having more contested spots on the Commerce side of the board. I've seen people go out of their way for a Landfill but I've never had anyone go out of their way to get a Computer Factory which makes the cut even easier to justify.

These cuts just might be group related and they may not work for you guys but I figured that I would share my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.