Survive: Escape from Atlantis!» Forums » General

Subject: How good for 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Rose
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at buying this but will mostly be playing as a 2 player game and wanted to know how it plays. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While IMO, it's best with 3 or 4 players, I've had as much fun with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Young
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Brian about still being fun with just two players. Sometimes we play with each player having two sets of meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first 2 player game last night. As Glen said, you both use 2 sets of meeples, so I was green and orange vs blue and yellow. Definitely still a lot of fun! We were also playing with the dolphin mini expansion for the first time. It definitely made things a lot more interesting, because you no longer know how far those monsters will move until the dive dice is rolled. Sea Monster and a 3? YIKES!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played it 2 player and long ago used to play it 2 player now and then.

It works perfectly fine that way. The main thing is that you will likely get everyone you can to the safe islands long long before the island blows.

The more players the less tend to make it to safety and the faster the island sinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
I recently played it 2 player and long ago used to play it 2 player now and then.
It works perfectly fine that way. The main thing is that you will likely get everyone you can to the safe islands long long before the island blows.
The more players the less tend to make it to safety and the faster the island sinks.

Were each of you playing with 2 sets of meeples? We had quite a few meeples mutilated by the exploding volcano. Three were on a boat, one space away from safety too. Poor fellas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We handled one set each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
We handled one set each.

That would make a difference. We use 2 sets each, and I believe that's what the instruction book suggests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
In a realm beyond sight, the sky shines gold, not blue
badge
There, the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to try a two player game with two sets each. But you only score your worst set, the colour with lowest points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tri Clyde
msg tools
A variation we do for 2 players is we each just use one color, but on our turn, we remove and play 2 tiles from the island instead of one. It brings out the creatures and sinks the island twice as fast, so there's more to respond to and a better sense of tension. It's really fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.