Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see in the rules (though not on the original table) that a friendly diplomatic tie to the region reduces its rebellion risk by 2. An unfriendly one increases it by two.

Does a claim count equally, as a reduction or increase of 2? I assume it does, but can find no definite clarification. Claims replace ties if upgraded yes? A single player cannot have both ties and a claim in one province yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
almost every part of what you wrote is wrong

Ties are not Claims, they are different
Ties allow Claims to be placed, they do not replace Ties, see 18.0
Claims to not effect Rebellion, only Ties
Ties and Claims can co-exist
A friendly Diplomatic Tie reduces the Rebellion Value by 1 on the Chart, however 17.24 says reduce by 2, and increased by 2 for enemy Ties. The rules are correct according to the Errata

http://grognard.com/errata/emaerr1.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

The basic mistake was that I did not know that ties and claims could co-exist.

I am not sure why I thought that. Perhaps it was the fact that each status is printed on the flip side of one counter.

I got that claims do different things, just some of the rules seem to hint that ties are like a step one and step two is claims. Good to know they are different things in their own right.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.