Matt Eckel
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
**Update: There are rules posted, so you have some notion of what you're getting into**

Hi all. I believe this post is within community guidelines, but if not do please let me know. For anyone into PnP (or any other kind of) wargaming, I'm developing a small Napoleonic one-pager that, I hope, will combine speed and simplicity with exciting tactical puzzles and real depth of play. You can see the current front/rear drafts here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AnZPbnLFFWXCjYM1X10sPLCQcV...

I'm looking to find playtesters to see whether the basic mechanics of the game work, and whether it's any fun to play. I know that this can be like pulling teeth even with close friends, never mind strangers, because, let's face it, most of the time we all want to sit down to play a polished game, and aren't super excited about filling out a form about it afterwards.

So, with that preamble out of the way, I'm gauging interest in the following arrangement:

I send you a professionally-printed 8x11 postcard version of the current iteration of the game (16 pt. full color glossy stock - should look nice). Hooray! You've already come out ahead.

You then, over the course of 8-10 weeks, find a series of unsuspecting souls to play it with, and answer a few brief questions about each session.

Each playtest session that you log then functions as a raffle ticket. At the end of the playtest period, one lucky winner receives a $50 gift card to BoardgameGeek, with two runners up receiving $10 gift cards.
Is your response to this idea:

a) Yeah, that sounds great, I'd be in!

b) Honestly man, nah, not worth my time.

c) I don't like wargames/napoleonics and am thus really not the target of this post. I'm frankly perplexed I've kept reading this long. Some real introspective opportunities there. Wait, is this thing still on? Hon?? How do I turn this thing off?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a) sounds great, I would be in.

How long would you expect each game to take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Eckel
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Aiming for ~30-45 minutes once you have the rules down, but that's part of what I'm trying to nail down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Courtemanche
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
a) Like the sound of that - count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve-O simm
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a) I am down to do this and you can take me out of the raffle contest. I have a regular group and I can put together a few outside groups to play it with. They all like a decent prototype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say a. It is always fun to test a prototype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Fennimore
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
a) I would be happy to find a series of unsuspecting souls to play your game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McCarthy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, I would give it a go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.