Subject: Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hav not played SOB, City Of ancients as yet..waiting for Frontier town expansion...which I plan on tackling first..
Let me start out by saying I have a heavy dislike for rules and a most difficult time digesting them...
I know what the answer probably will be..but I query with high hopes for a different one.
Might I play frontier town with the included rules..or is it necessary to read the core game rules together with FT rules to play this expansion?
Thanks....and hoping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frontier Town is not a stand-alone game. You need the rules and components from the base game to use it. It mostly improves the town experience for SoB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
Hav not played SOB, City Of ancients as yet..waiting for Frontier town expansion...which I plan on tackling first..
Let me start out by saying I have a heavy dislike for rules and a most difficult time digesting them...
I know what the answer probably will be..but I query with high hopes for a different one.
Might I play frontier town with the included rules..or is it necessary to read the core game rules together with FT rules to play this expansion?
Thanks....and hoping...

Core rules first, everything else is an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fears are confirmed....thank you!Looks like heaps of reading ahead...I would guess it would be best to get a few core game sceanarios under my belt before tackling the expansion,right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
hodges69 wrote:
My fears are confirmed....thank you!Looks like heaps of reading ahead...I would guess it would be best to get a few core game sceanarios under my belt before tackling the expansion,right?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate all the help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel for you... I also have developed a distaste for reading&learning rules (few years back I loved that).
It helps me to watch some playthrough videos like the Outlaw Josef Scott (although that's not a class from the basegames):

I think I learned MageKnight almost completely by watching youtube... and that's a very rules-heavy game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:

There are indeed heaps of reading, and unfortunately the rules are not ordered completely logically. But maybe a flowchart of gameplay can help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.