6 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Abominations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Vine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Is there any way to escape from a zone once there is an Abomination in there with you?Does he just activate every round @nd keep wounding you till you are dead.As far as I can see their is know way to escape a zone with an Abomination in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menial
Germany
Rödermark
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as i understood it the Abomination count as one zombie miniature, so you can leave a zone which contains only an Abomination by spending two actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can move away using the movement points based on number of zombies.

Though the preferred route for me is to always have at least one person in the party with a skill like lifesaver, shove and taunt. Those will help you get out of those sticky situations easier so then you have more movement points to kite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
redeux wrote:
Though the preferred route for me is to always have at least one person in the party with a skill like lifesaver, shove and taunt. Those will help you get out of those sticky situations easier so then you have more movement points to kite.

This.

But usually it not all that needed. A character with slippery may be handy as well if you have to get though a group of zombies to kill that necromancer around the corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
redeux wrote:

This.

But usually it not all that needed. A character with slippery may be handy as well if you have to get though a group of zombies to kill that necromancer around the corner.

Hmm, doesn't the Slippery skill allow you to get "out" of a zone with zombies? If you enter a zone with zombies, you still have to stop, even if you have still have Action points left. At least, this is how we always understood and played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
redeux wrote:

This.

Hmm, doesn't the Slippery skill allow you to get "out" of a zone with zombies? If you enter a zone with zombies, you still have to stop, even if you have still have Action points left. At least, this is how we always understood and played it.

The rules read:

Quote:
Slippery - The Survivor does not spend extra Actions when he
performs a Move Action out of a Zone containing Zombies. Entering a
Zone containing Zombies ends the Survivor's Move Action.

That last part doesn't mean you can't move at all anymore on your turn, it means that if your character has the "+1 zone per move action" or "2 zones per move action" skill then using slippery to get out of a tile would end THAT move action and they would NOT move their normal 2-3 zones. The survivor could always continue to use more actions to move.

Since most survivors don't have both slippery and these move skills then you can pretty much ignore that last part of slippery. For all intents and purposes it takes a normal move action to move away from zombies and you could immediately use the skill again since it is not limited to once per turn.

Note that in the actions section of the rulebook it says that this ends your move action (singular) not move actions (plural). You can still choose to spend your remaining move actions however you'd like. If the rules wanted you to not move at all for the rest of the turn then the rules would've said exactly that "This ends your move actions for the turn"

I think the more applicable part of the "move action" rules is for those survivors with extra zone movement skills. Think that they are in a zone with zombies, without the slippery skill. Lets say 2 zombies in their zone, and the next zone has 2 zombies as well. If the rules didn't specify the move action is over, then some people might think that you magically get to move out and through the next zone for the cost of 3 actions-- afterall, your skill lets you move 2 zones so you just dash right through them. But the rules specify it ends the move step to clarify that these characters do still enter these zones in the middle of their move action and it would actually end their move step and make them pay additional actions to move again.

Anyway, that's always been my understanding but at the end of the day it's a sandbox game anyway so play what feels good/fun for your group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.