Zombies, Run! The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A clarification of some rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Lowe
msg tools
mb
Hi,

We played our first game of zombies, Run! the other night have a few questions about the rules:

1) When we reach a safe area after a run, what happens to any zombies left on the zombie track? Are they removed and we start the next run with an empty track or do they stay there and become a threat again once we start to run again?

2) We seemed to run out of opportunity cards fairly quickly using up all 5 stacks and the 25 leader cards, this led to a couple of runs where we could do nothing but watch. When we rest and resolve bites etc, does the 'Refresh Opportunities' button refer only to shuffling the used cards back into the original pile?

My understanding is that the 5 stacks do not get fully replenished at any point except from what is added by the leader, is that correct? That would mean that if the stacks were empty at the end of the last run (and say the leader had not cards left), they would be empty at the start of the next run, save any new leader cards we are given.

3) Once an opportunity card is placed in a plan, does it have to stay there or can cards be moved over to another plan. Again, what happens to plans at the end of a run, do all plans remain in play untouched, or do they get discarded as part of the refresh?

Many thanks for any help provided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Here is my understanding (Slight spoilers);

1) Zombies remain on track. Reason;
Spoiler (click to reveal)
When you rest you can set traps, which sometimes cause zombies to be removed or moved.

2) You only add opportunity cards when the app tells you to. Reason;
Spoiler (click to reveal)
When you rest it asks you to deal cards to the leaders deck

3) Cards are stuck in plans once you move them there - so be careful!

To add something we got wrong;

When you get weapons the order of the cards is important!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Six to Start
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks @James for the excellent clarifications - spot on!

I want to correct one thing, though: in plans to trigger weapon and tool cards, the order of the cards does not matter. So long as your plan contains the specified cards, their order is irrelevant, as is the ending of the plan.

Cheers - Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Lowe
msg tools
mb
Ok, but I believe that when you end a session the next time you play you start from fresh I.e. empty zombie track, 5 stacks full of 25 opportunity cards and a full leaders deck.

If I end a run and reach a rest point and I have 4 cards left in the stacks, I will be given maybe 20 cards to go into the leaders deck but I will still only have 24 cards to be going on with as opposed to 50 plus I'll have the zombies left over from the previous round.

My point is, why wouldn't I just end the session at the end of each run, reset everything and start with a full deck and no immediate zombies to deal with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y Private
msg tools
mbmb
I've only played a little bit solo so far, but from what I gather, once you get going properly, you develop a group of characters in your party who are part of the storyline... but they can also die from poor play, which will inevitably have an impact on the story and your overall outcome.

I remember reading that when you end your session, you rest up by choosing a character to stand guard. So whilst this lets you come back refreshed, you also run the risk of something happening to that character in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Lowe
msg tools
mb
Yes I understand that but if I have 2 or 3 zombies far along the tracker and not many cards to deal with them, am I not in a better position to rest and set 1 guard as opposed to letting 3 zombies through and risking 3 deaths?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.