Popular Tags: [View All]
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can “The Strong” push an opponent’s “Unclean”? I think so as long as The Strong’s last movement point places him non-orthogonally to The Unclean.

Can “The Magnet” attract an opponent’s “Unclean”? I do NOT think so since The Magnet would be using his special ability to end his move.

Can “The Exuberant” use her special ability to switch positions with another piece such that the Exuberant ends up next to an opponent’s Unclean? I do NOT think so either because of the same logic as for The Magnet above (she would be using her special ability to change her position at the very end of her move).

Can someone confirm my assumptions?

Related to these questions ...

Is it legal for a piece pushed by The Strong, attracted by The Magnet, or switched by The Exuberant to end up next to The Unclean of the opponent? I would think this is okay since these situations are really just side-effects of the initial chosen piece’s move.

And what about a The Leader? Does the restriction for The Unclean apply to both the opponent’s leader and the other piece the leader gives a movement point to? I.e., both cannot end the turn being orthogonally adjacent to the opponent’s Unclean, neither being considered a “side effect” like the above cases.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Jones
Germany
Kleve
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the answer I got from Martin Schlegel:

You have already given the correct answer to all 3 questions.

The basic idea is: I may not place one of my pieces next to the Unclean on my turn.

But what is also true (you did not ask this question): On my turn I may place an opponent's piece next to my Unclean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Jones
Germany
Kleve
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words: A move of any kind on your turn that results in one of your pieces ending up next to the opponent's Unclean is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.