Gar Wier
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hi all! The rules are not specific on whether I should consider purchases during the same spend order to occur simultaneously or sequentially. Hence, it is not clear whether you are allowed, within one spend order, to build a castle in a non-city territory and place units there that you buy in the same spend order. I feel like this should not be allowed, if alone because it would be unrealistic. On the other hand, it would allow for using castles for interesting "surprise tactics", and the game does allow the player to choose in which order he/she executes his king's order and bonus action (siege assault or fortify can go before or after expanding). Interested to hear what you think! Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, i have played 12-18 games and that never came up....but it seems if they break your tax chain and then build first in that territory It could cause problems early on..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rucker

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA
California
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alvarowier wrote:
Hi all! The rules are not specific on whether I should consider purchases during the same spend order to occur simultaneously or sequentially. Hence, it is not clear whether you are allowed, within one spend order, to build a castle in a non-city territory and place units there that you buy in the same spend order. I feel like this should not be allowed, if alone because it would be unrealistic. On the other hand, it would allow for using castles for interesting "surprise tactics", and the game does allow the player to choose in which order he/she executes his king's order and bonus action (siege assault or fortify can go before or after expanding). Interested to hear what you think! Thanks

Seems like a cool strategy, if your surprise attack fails, you basically paid for your opponent's shiny new castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh.
Uh, well...

Let's just say I hope it's legal because I've done it more than a few times.
blush

EDIT: Well the designer chimed in saying he liked the idea, so that's good enough for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Wier
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks for your comments! I'll use this strategy to build a castle+siege weapon in a territory adjacent to a badly defended enemy castle and attack it with my second king's order that turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.