Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: [Spoilers] Ideas for other uses for the components after the campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi everyone.

We recently finished our campaign of Charterstone. We didn't find it to be the greatest experience (we only played 2 players with no automata) so we have no real desire to keep playing.

However the components are amazing - as well as their variety - which got me thinking. Since we don't need the Charterstone components any more, why not substitute them into other games. I've been trying to think of uses in other games but I have yet to find a great fit as the colours or types aren't quite the same - or there simply isn't enough.

Tzolkin is my most suitable choice as the moment - wood -> wood, metal -> stone, grain -> gold

Substituting the cubes in Lords of Waterdeep for the minions would have been amazing - but there isn't nearly enough and the colours don't quite match.

I would love to use the coins somewhere else but funnily enough the only games I have where players only tend to collect small numbers of coins both already have metal coins.

So, does anyone else have any good ideas about where the Charterstone components could find new homes?

Edit: I guess the spoiler tag was a bit unnecessary. It was intended in case I mentioned more info on the minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wehner

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmb
Off the top of my head: Village and Russian Railroads both have a relatively small number of single-value coins and would likely be a bit nicer with a fancy metal coin. Maybe also Tokaido (though I'm not sure the aesthetic would work) ?

Village could also use the sacks of wheat. Wheat and Pumpkins could go in Agricola, though there may not be enough of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
jaw6 wrote:
Off the top of my head: Village and Russian Railroads both have a relatively small number of single-value coins and would likely be a bit nicer with a fancy metal coin. Maybe also Tokaido (though I'm not sure the aesthetic would work) ?

Village could also use the sacks of wheat. Wheat and Pumpkins could go in Agricola, though there may not be enough of them?

Hey - nice spotting with Village. I actually own it but it has been so long since I have played it I had forgotten it used coins. They would be perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.