Subject: Lesser Minion Dice vs. Lesser Minions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
probably a dumb question but this will only be the second time I've played with the LoME expansion, so please forgive my ignorance.

If a lesser minion die is removed due the Witch King's presence during the recovery phase, is the lesser minion also killed? Or in other words, do the Balrog and Gothmog still remain in play even if their dice aren't?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1chapelcredit wrote:
probably a dumb question but this will only be the second time I've played with the LoME expansion, so please forgive my ignorance.

If a lesser minion die is removed due the Witch King's presence during the recovery phase, is the lesser minion also killed? Or in other words, do the Balrog and Gothmog still remain in play even if their dice aren't?

Thank you.

If you lose a lesser minion die due to the WK's presence, the lesser minion remains on the board. In the Balrog's case, however, the loss of his die can often mean the effective loss of the minion as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
1chapelcredit wrote:

Thank you.

If you lose a lesser minion die due to the WK's presence, the lesser minion remains on the board. In the Balrog's case, however, the loss of his die can often mean the effective loss of the minion as well.

thanks for the quick and helpful response! So the Balrog's die is the ONLY thing that can move him, even once he is active? I couldn't use a regular army die to attack with the Balrog if he is with an army?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1chapelcredit wrote:
thanks for the quick and helpful response! So the Balrog's die is the ONLY thing that can move him, even once he is active? I couldn't use a regular army die to attack with the Balrog if he is with an army?

Once he is active, you can move him like you would any other minion (so a C or A die could do it). The problem is that you can't activate him without his die unless you are lucky enough to draw the one card that does it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Balrogs are fickle, you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There’s a card that can activate him after nice is gone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.