Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a peaceful variant or how the pvp attacking can be removed ? Would it upset the balance of the game if you instituted a rule that players could only attack aliens ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
Does anyone know of a peaceful variant or how the pvp attacking can be removed ? Would it upset the balance of the game if you instituted a rule that players could only attack aliens ?

I doubt it would have that big of an effect. In my experience, it rarely is the strong move to attack other players. It is so much like that that I don't even think you need to disallow attacking. It will happen so little to begin with and isn't that painful otherwise.

The biggest time it can matter is late game attacks on poor players. (poor as in, no money)

Perhaps all you would need to change is assume X number of tech blockades needs to be bipassed at the end of the game?

Perhaps there can be some mechanic in game that causes blockades to be placed from attacks from the aliens?

But, making no changes and just not allowing PvP attacking would work well enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Conflict is _barely_ there. I'd wish for more conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
Well, then there'd be absolutely no way to slow down a runaway leader. I would advise against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.