Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Event card states. . .Move one eligible Walker towards the nearest survivor. Can I pick a Walker on the other side of the map and move it or do I need to move the Eligible Walker who is nearest to a survivor?

In other words, am I free to pick any eligible Walker?

thanks,

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have interpreted it as being that you are free to choose any eligible walker to move. So if it's on the other side of the board, then move it toward the survivor that it's closest to.

I would think that if it meant the other way, it would say, "Move the eligible walker that is closest to any survivor, towards that survivor."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Flander
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree, move any eligible walker you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are correct. Though you may notice that by always choosing the furthest walker (when playing coop/solo), the base game scenarios will feel pretty easy. From now on, I always choose the nearest walker to be moved to increase difficulty and tension, it feels much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you guys (even the easy mode issue), but why does it say on page 20 of the core rule book, under events:

Finally, if it is ever unclear which Walker should move(due to two or more being equidistant when activated, for example) the player with initiative chooses which Walker moves in that instance.

Is this implying that we should move the closest Walkers?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blustar wrote:
I agree with you guys (even the easy mode issue), but why does it say on page 20 of the core rule book, under events:

Finally, if it is ever unclear which Walker should move(due to two or more being equidistant when activated, for example) the player with initiative chooses which Walker moves in that instance.

thanks

This could happen for example when you have several equidistant walkers in your kill zone (and you technically should choose the closest in this case). If they are equidistant, player with initiative chooses the one he likes to come in contact with your mini.

I don't think it is implying to move the closest walker, even if you should if you wish to make the game harder
It also feels more thematic to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blustar wrote:

thanks

That situition could come up with the Frayed Nerves event that has a model with low nerve make noise. In this case if there is only on model with low nerve, then the event actually choose the survivor that will have a walker move towards it when making noise. If there are more than 1 walkers the same distance from that survivor, the player with initiative chooses which Walker.

Similar situation for The Walking Dead event that brings more walkers onto the board. After they are initially placed, they are to moved towards the nearest survivor. So there could be equal distance issues again and initiative player chooses which one to move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.