3 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Yet another "Storage" thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I'm rather proud of how well my minimally-modified TI4 storage solution works. I originally hated the insert, but after just cutting off and replacing a small bit of it, I rather like the remainder. Plus, the whole thing holds not only my TI4 stuff, but has a fair amount of space to port over TI3 material or integrate some material from inevitable expansions.

I bought two sets of 12 round canisters, 1" high, 2" diameter, with transparent lids, and put all the race-specific tokens in these (they just fit perfectly).

Cute, huh?

I then cut off the side of the plastic insert with the two longer wells, and taped a piece of cardboard across that edge (to add stability and to cover up the sharp edge left on the plastic). I slid that over so that the cardboard was flush against the box, leaving a 2" gap, which the canisters fit in perfectly, with two stacks of four, and three stacks of three canisters.

As has been noted, the color-specific cards (techs and promissory notes) fit perfectly in the sub-wells under the plastic (to which I've added the Mech Units). Planet cards go in one sub-well under the system tiles, all objectives in the other. I put all faction-specific cards (organized, of course,) in one of the three side wells, the action cards in another, and the political cards in the third. All cards were sleeved, and fit nicely.

I put the homeworlds and red-backed systems in one hex well, and the planets and MR in the other. The MR well had more space left, so I bagged the strategy cards and speaker token (and a couple misc. pieces from TI3) and put them in that well, then the Creuss homesystem on top of the lot. I bagged all the other tokens (infantry, fighter, trade, and all the TI3 domain counters) by type, and put them on top of the 3-canister stacks (except for one baggie which I slid down into the 3/4" gap beside the canisters in the above photo to keep them from sliding about).

VP track sat nicely on the left side with the tokens and canisters, and all the TI3 and 4 rulebooks and the race & command sheets then sat nicely on top of everything else. As mentioned, I've thrown in quite a bit of TI3 material, and there's still plenty of room in here for more, whether TI3 or homebrew, which I plan on adding in later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bago chips
msg tools
I just got my copy of TI4 yesterday and have been looking up storage solutions. This is by far the cutest one I've seen. Well done!

May I ask where you got these canisters from? I might steal this idea from you. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bagochips wrote:
I just got my copy of TI4 yesterday and have been looking up storage solutions. This is by far the cutest one I've seen. Well done!

May I ask where you got these canisters from? I might steal this idea from you. Thanks!

I found them on sale at Hobby Lobby -- I have the link here:
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-Paper-Crafts/Storage-Or...

I assume you can find these at a variety of retailers, but haven't really looked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.