6 Posts

7 Wonders Duel» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Radu Dragos
Romania
flag msg tools
Hi there, me and my wife began playing this wonderful game, we have some experience with the castles of burgundy but this one is super because is also complex and simple in the same time, anyway we have some arguments on some rules and maybe you can help us out...first one is... if a player gets the economy progress token...the other player that has the stone reserve and no stone in his city should pay to the opponent 1 gold for the stone he need and not to the bank or this card-stone reserve is being canceled and the player should pay for one stone 2gold and 1 for each stone that the opponent has to the opponent?
The second question is fo example I need one wood and i do not have any and the opponent has one wood and the caravanseray card, how much do I pay? 2gold plus one wood that he has or 2 gold to the bank and 1 gold for the wood that he has and one for the wood that he has in caravanseray, my oppinion is that being an commercial building it should not count...but waiting for a second oppinion, thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus W
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
raduadragos wrote:
if a player gets the economy progress token... the other player that has the stone reserve and no stone in his city should pay to the opponent 1 gold for the stone he need and not to the bank

This way is right.
You pay the same amount of money as you would without economy progress token. But instead the money going to the bank, it goes to the opponent.

raduadragos wrote:
I need one wood and i do not have any and the opponent has one wood and the caravanseray card, how much do I pay? 2gold plus one wood that he has

This one is right. You don't pay extra money for resources produced by monuments / yellow buildings / ...

From the rules: Trading cost = 2 + number of symbols of the same resources produced by the brown and grey cards of the opposing city
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radu Dragos
Romania
flag msg tools
thank you for the answer it was a question if the economy token cacels the trading card, now is clear thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus W
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are welcome!

Here (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1467502/economy-token-quest...) it is also answered in the following way:
Quote:

The rules of calculating the price for each good (1 with a discount card, otherwise 2+[number of these resources on the opponent's gray and brown cards]) remain the same, BUT the money are received by the "Economy" token's owner instead of the bank.

Also I believe it's worth noting that Economy owner still pays to the bank and the Economy owner's opponent still pays to the bank, if it's a coin-cost of buildings, not for buying resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radu Dragos
Romania
flag msg tools
Here (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1467502/economy-token-quest...) I saw it was quite a debate regarding this matter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tauman
msg tools
NeonMika wrote:
You are welcome!

Here (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1467502/economy-token-quest...) it is also answered in the following way:
Quote:

[i]The rules of calculating the price for each good (1 with a discount card, otherwise 2+[number of these resources on the opponent's gray and brown cards]) remain the same, BUT the money are received by the "Economy" token's owner instead of the bank.

There are NO 'discount cards'. I did a 'cut and paste', regarding the Stone Reserve, Wood Reserve, Clay Reserve, and Customs House cards:
About the yellow buildings: "Starting on the following turn, you will purchase the indicated resource from the bank at the cost of 1 coin per unit" means exactly what it says. Your payment does not depend on any buildings your opponent might own."
Sorry, I can't find the original forum/rules page I did the 'cut and paste'.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The rulebook states (page 8 - bottom right column):
• Some commercial Buildings (yellow cards) change the trading rules and set the cost of some resources to 1 coin.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
By using the word 'SET', the designers imply that the '1 coin' per resource is NOT affected by the opponents Brown, and Grey buildings. Thus, this is not a '-1 coin' discount for trade purposes, but a SET price, going forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.