Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions don’t explicitly say so but I think it is implied that you can use aspects of the expansion without playing that expansion’s scenario. For example I can use the exterminator in a normal “escape the cave” set up. Also I can use items if I want without playing the “investigation” scenario ,right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cairns
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pretty much you can mix and match without worrying it’ll break the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. W.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your game, do what you want. The only caveat is you may find the game becomes unbalanced if you have say...the Bodyguard AND the Exterminator or Mercenary waltzing around killing off Horrors. The ease of dealing with the Horrors/Leapers with the expansion cavers is supposed to be offset by giving you an additional win condition that involves getting specific item carriers to specific tiles you find.

In my opinion, you'll find the base game scenario is too easy with the supercharged expansion cavers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.