Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie Vassal Card / Dominion Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Sherman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yes or no: If I play my Vassal Card, that means I get to take a card from the top of my Face Down Deck and move it to my Face Up Discard Pile. If that card is an action, I also may play the action without it counting as an action. (Also, I may buy something worth $2 more than the money I have in my hand).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all but you should really think of having 2 more coins to spend this turn. So If you have multiple buys you could use the extra coins for that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sherman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks!

So, for a +buy (extra buy card), does a +2 coin card apply to each buy, or just one of the two?

For example, if I have 4 coins in my hand and a +1 buy card and a +2 coin card, can I make two purchases totaling $10 or totaling $12 ($4 for one, $6 for the other; or $6 for both)?

I love the game and like the instructions, but several rules seem awkwardly phrased, leading to some confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just get 2 extra coins to spend total. So if you had 4 coins from yours treasures and 2 more from the Vassal, then you could purchase two cards costing 3 or a 4 and a 2 or even a 6 and a 0 cost card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sherman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Got it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that’s wrong in your wording; it does count as playing an action. What you mean is that it doesn’t cost an action to play it. But you did still play an action. This matters for a few different interactions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.