Sparky Sparkpants
msg tools
What to do, folks? The cards state that they remain in play, and on a roll of 1-2, draw another encounter.

Should I discard one, draw another card and roll, or play both on the same tile and roll twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, and for keeping the game moving along, I would only play one. Nothing worse than slowing a game down to a halt with two of those cards in play. Reshuffle the other one back into the deck so it can possibly show up in another room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkyII wrote:
What to do, folks? The cards state that they remain in play, and on a roll of 1-2, draw another encounter.

Should I discard one, draw another card and roll, or play both on the same tile and roll twice?

I say play both and make 'em stack! The gravity is extra wonky in this room, causing even the slightest of movements to send the Heroes careening in random directions!

Situations like these are what keep the gameplay interesting. How will you solve this problem? Will you turn back and go a different way? If there IS no other way, will you use Void Crystals to create a Gate and escape? Will you spend a mountain of Grit for movement and brute-force your way through? Will you employ a Teleportation Bracelet, or a clever movement ability that doesn't rely on Movement points (like the Wandering Samurai has)? Will you make use of Ricochet Shots and ignore the mobility problem entirely? Will you change into a Wolf for extra +Move? Will you take the threat of Movement penalties more seriously from now on, making sure to stock a pair of Traveling Boots or maybe choose to keep that Tentacle Tail despite it's drawbacks? There are so many opportunities for interesting choices and character-defining moments here; this game rarely presents it's players with so unique a challenge. It seems a shame to waste it.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.