United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only ever played Deep Future solo but I'm about to start crafting a Deep Future version for someone who habitually plays 4 player games. Is there a particular reason that the suggested player count tops out at three? What changes might be necessary to make it work for four? I can see perhaps that the territory win condition might be rather tough. Anyone experimented with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The rwinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Come read my Arkham Horror stories on Twitter @ArkhamHorror
badge
Image courtesy of Smizmazmarlemagne
mbmbmbmbmb
I only ever play tested the game with 1, 2, and 3 people. So it might work for 4. The main issue I would expect is downtime that naturally occurs (especially with the writing that the ADVANCE action takes), but I guess people can use the time it is not their turn to think of names for their technologies and such.

I'd be interested in hearing compatible solutions for speeding up the game for 4 players. Especially a way for the game to be more interactive when it is not your turn, so you'd be interested or involved in what other players are doing other than begging them to attack their other neighbors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We went as high as five.

Reduce down time by writing details of techs or thinking up names for worlds/completed techs etc. On other player's turns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael

That's especially helpful from someone who's actually been there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.