Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Late Christmas Gift! A question as well. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Nuss
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very excited for my late christmas gifts! My wife got me Mythic Battles Pantheon core box which I sort of anticipated. What I didn't expect was for the rest of my family to go in on the Hera, Hephaestus, Echidna's Children and Heroes of the Trojan War! I'm extremely excited!

My question is since I only got the core game without stretch goals, are there scenarios that will call for units from Pandora's Box? If that's the case, I will most likely substitute for other similar units, but im concerned this will take away from the purpose of the scenarios.

Looking forward to hearing some feedback.

P.S. These were ordered from the game steward website months ago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandora’s box is included with all core box pledges, and the game isn’t available outside of the KS. So you should have Pandora’s box - unless your wife bought from a backer that kept it themselves.

Edit: sorry just saw your game steward comment. Guess he sells the core on its own and Pandora separately.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not read the scenarios and find out?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Nuss
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
Why not read the scenarios and find out?


They still haven't arrived yet, so I haven't seen the scenarios yet. The Game Steward will be the last company to receive their pledges.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked gamesteward's page, it's really disappointing that they're splitting the core and the pandora's box. :/ That's just not right.


Anyway, just checked the core scenario book, and you don't have to worry. All scenarios, and even the campaign included in the core box only make use of the core units so you're all good.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Turonee wrote:
Just checked gamesteward's page, it's really disappointing that they're splitting the core and the pandora's box. :/ That's just not right.

How is it “not right”? Guy’s gotta earn a living!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:

How is it “not right”? Guy’s gotta earn a living!


I understand, and with price discussions aside, in my opinion they shouldn't have sold the core and pandora's box separately. Maybe it's just my backer's mindset, but they were initially 'sold as one' so they should have been sold as one. They could have just combined the two and bumped up the price and I'm sure people would still get them, it's just that I feel that people who dont get the pandora's box with their core are missing out a lot compared to those that have it with their core set.

They've already paid a premium to get the game, it'd be nice if their experience with it would also be similar to the majority. I'm sure 99% of the players of this game are using core and pandora's units at the very least.

And unfortunately, you wouldn't really know that until its too late or unless you backed the game yourself. These owners would suddenly be left out of certain discussions as people would usually assume that once you bought the game, you'd at least have the core and pandora's on hand.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Fitzgerald
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Turonee wrote:
Geoff wrote:

How is it “not right”? Guy’s gotta earn a living!


I understand, and with price discussions aside, in my opinion they shouldn't have sold the core and pandora's box separately. Maybe it's just my backer's mindset, but they were initially 'sold as one' so they should have been sold as one. They could have just combined the two and bumped up the price and I'm sure people would still get them, it's just that I feel that people who dont get the pandora's box with their core are missing out a lot compared to those that have it with their core set.

They've already paid a premium to get the game, it'd be nice if their experience with it would also be similar to the majority. I'm sure 99% of the players of this game are using core and pandora's units at the very least.

And unfortunately, you wouldn't really know that until its too late or unless you backed the game yourself. These owners would suddenly be left out of certain discussions as people would usually assume that once you bought the game, you'd at least have the core and pandora's on hand.


I couldn't disagree more (respectfully). TGS ponied up the cash for the product so it's their prerogative to do whatever they want with it. Moreover, you have to think about it from a seller's standpoint. Don't you think they'll be able to sell more if they are able to sell the core game on its own for less? I certainly do.
Also, what you suggest as far as selling them both together and just charging more for it is essentially happening, just with a choice by the buyer to pay less and get less. If the buyer doesn't want the Pandora's Box, or if they don't have the cash for both the core and the Pandora's Box, then at least they can get the core game. However, if they care about getting both as a pair, they can pay the up-charged price for both as you suggested.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fitzdrew516 wrote:

I couldn't disagree more (respectfully). TGS ponied up the cash for the product so it's their prerogative to do whatever they want with it. Moreover, you have to think about it from a seller's standpoint. Don't you think they'll be able to sell more if they are able to sell the core game on its own for less? I certainly do.
Also, what you suggest as far as selling them both together and just charging more for it is essentially happening, just with a choice by the buyer to pay less and get less. If the buyer doesn't want the Pandora's Box, or if they don't have the cash for both the core and the Pandora's Box, then at least they can get the core game. However, if they care about getting both as a pair, they can pay the up-charged price for both as you suggested.


I'm not arguing about the business/economical side of things, because as you have said, and I agree, that it's up to them as to how they want to get their capital back and make some earnings.

Instead, I'm more into the overall experience that you get for getting into this game. As this game really wont show up as a retail product anytime soon, most, if not all of the players that you'd get to interact with, will at the very least have known or have used units inside the pandora's box. This would then bring a 'core-only owner' in a potential situation wherein he wouldn't be able to relate or join into discussions or at the very least be severely limited in doing so because he doesn't have access to the extras which 99% of players have. This would have been fine if the game was easily found on retail but unfortunately it isn't so he basically missed out since there's really no other way to get those extras as they're all 1:1 copies with the core game.

Yes, maybe some people wouldn't mind but I'd personally feel for him because he'd just be missing out on so much on the core set unlike 99% of the owners out there which always have both the core and pandora and it'll be to late to rectify that because you really cant source this game from anywhere else.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turonee wrote:
Fitzdrew516 wrote:

I couldn't disagree more (respectfully). TGS ponied up the cash for the product so it's their prerogative to do whatever they want with it. Moreover, you have to think about it from a seller's standpoint. Don't you think they'll be able to sell more if they are able to sell the core game on its own for less? I certainly do.
Also, what you suggest as far as selling them both together and just charging more for it is essentially happening, just with a choice by the buyer to pay less and get less. If the buyer doesn't want the Pandora's Box, or if they don't have the cash for both the core and the Pandora's Box, then at least they can get the core game. However, if they care about getting both as a pair, they can pay the up-charged price for both as you suggested.


I'm not arguing about the business/economical side of things, because as you have said, and I agree, that it's up to them as to how they want to get their capital back and make some earnings.

Instead, I'm more into the overall experience that you get for getting into this game. As this game really wont show up as a retail product anytime soon, most, if not all of the players that you'd get to interact with, will at the very least have known or have used units inside the pandora's box. This would then bring a 'core-only owner' in a potential situation wherein he wouldn't be able to relate or join into discussions or at the very least be severely limited in doing so because he doesn't have access to the extras which 99% of players have. This would have been fine if the game was easily found on retail but unfortunately it isn't so he basically missed out since there's really no other way to get those extras as they're all 1:1 copies with the core game.

Yes, maybe some people wouldn't mind but I'd personally feel for him because he'd just be missing out on so much on the core set unlike 99% of the owners out there which always have both the core and pandora and it'll be to late to rectify that because you really cant source this game from anywhere else.


Being able to play just the core game is definitely better than not being able to play the game at all. I have seen lots of Pandora boxes being sold on their own so people will be able to track one down if they choose to, although it will be at a higher price point, but again, still a better option than not having it at all. Lastly, I played with a friend who only had the core box delivered from his pledge and we had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the game, so in my opinion its definitely worth getting just the core if that is all someone can obtain.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Fitzgerald
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Turonee wrote:
Fitzdrew516 wrote:

I couldn't disagree more (respectfully). TGS ponied up the cash for the product so it's their prerogative to do whatever they want with it. Moreover, you have to think about it from a seller's standpoint. Don't you think they'll be able to sell more if they are able to sell the core game on its own for less? I certainly do.
Also, what you suggest as far as selling them both together and just charging more for it is essentially happening, just with a choice by the buyer to pay less and get less. If the buyer doesn't want the Pandora's Box, or if they don't have the cash for both the core and the Pandora's Box, then at least they can get the core game. However, if they care about getting both as a pair, they can pay the up-charged price for both as you suggested.


I'm not arguing about the business/economical side of things, because as you have said, and I agree, that it's up to them as to how they want to get their capital back and make some earnings.

Instead, I'm more into the overall experience that you get for getting into this game. As this game really wont show up as a retail product anytime soon, most, if not all of the players that you'd get to interact with, will at the very least have known or have used units inside the pandora's box. This would then bring a 'core-only owner' in a potential situation wherein he wouldn't be able to relate or join into discussions or at the very least be severely limited in doing so because he doesn't have access to the extras which 99% of players have. This would have been fine if the game was easily found on retail but unfortunately it isn't so he basically missed out since there's really no other way to get those extras as they're all 1:1 copies with the core game.

Yes, maybe some people wouldn't mind but I'd personally feel for him because he'd just be missing out on so much on the core set unlike 99% of the owners out there which always have both the core and pandora and it'll be to late to rectify that because you really cant source this game from anywhere else.


I get your point and I'm glad you're looking out for the best interests of people who are buying the game on the secondary market. However, It's there choice to buy as much or as little as they want and I would hope that they would research something fully before making a purchase (I do for everything... kind of obsessively actually haha). Maybe some of their research will lead them to this thread! We can hope for that!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Nuss
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Turonee wrote:

Anyway, just checked the core scenario book, and you don't have to worry. All scenarios, and even the campaign included in the core box only make use of the core units so you're all good.


Thank you! In regards to the other posts, it would have been nice to get the Pandora's Box as well, but I am hopeful to can get it third party at a decent price or in another future kickstarter. In the meantime, I believe I will get A LOT out of what I have now. Especially in skirmish mode.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.