Get Off My Land!» Forums » Rules

Subject: When taking lumber. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Splane
United States
Hastings
flag msg tools
If I were to take lumber, and I place a single fence piece, can it encroach on another player's controlled territory? For example, my opponent and I are fully boxed in, and I took lumber, am I allowed to move my fence piece into his land, because it's still connected to my other fence pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Oscar
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can place a fence piece in an opponent's area. Just remember that at the end of your turn, any fence pieces within other players' controlled areas will be removed.

For example, if your first action was to take lumber and place the single fence piece, then as your second action you could play a fence card for fences in an attempt to fully fence that tile, thus taking control of it. If your opponent defends against your 2nd fence placement then at the end of your turn your single fence piece will be removed as per the rule stated above.

Hope this makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hellström
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Machine God wrote:
Just remember that at the end of your turn, any fence pieces within other players' controlled areas will be removed.

Where in the rulebook does it say this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that would have spared some discussion time in my frist Play yesterday. We havent found this in the rulebook, so placing a single fence into enemy controlled territory seemed like a possibility. In the end, we played for over two hours in which seemingly 1,5 were rule discussions. shake

Now with the clarification it makes so much more sense... but should have been included in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.