Vicky
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it multiplayer for the first time tonight (with 4 people) and had a blast!

A corner case question which I couldn't find specifically in either of the rule books came up:

Question 1)
If someone plays the distracting gem item against Reena and the helpful homunculus has been synthesized, does the Reena player have to decide before they roll the die whether or not they're moving Reena's pawn or the helpful homunculus? Or can they make that decision with the knowledge of the rolled die result?

I've just had a second question crop up (my pedantic mind...)

The distracting gem explanation on p.15 of the Item Power Book says
"Use this during an opponent's turn. That player must now roll the die for the next two turns they move on the Field. They move following the Beast's move mechanics...[]"

Question 2)
Am I right in my assumption that what this means is that from now on during the current turn, the next two times the player wants to move they must first roll the dice and then follow the distracting gem movement rules? Not that they must immediately roll and pay for their next two moves? It's probably quite obvious, but that highlighted "now" has made me antsy...

Thanks for your patience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Helpful Homunculus is immune to the effects of the Distracting Gem since it is not a valid target for the effect, but Reena herself is subject to the effect if a player chooses to move her player piece.

2. You are correct in that the player must roll immediately before a movement action is declared and not all at once (I can see where the confusion is coming from though!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinsoul Studio wrote:
1. The Helpful Homunculus is immune to the effects of the Distracting Gem since it is not a valid target for the effect [...]

So why does the statement on p.7 of the item power book "Treat the helpful homunculus as you would treat Reena's foraging pawn in regard to other item effects, item-power tokens, abilities, and beast activity" not apply here? Does the word pawn have to be used in the item to affect it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct in that "pawn" and "player" are the terms that set how the Distracting Gem works apart from other items that create effects applicable to the Helpful Homunculus. Since the Gem mentions that it targets a "player" in it's description, only moving Reena's character pawn would trigger the Distracting Gem's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.