Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rupert Cullum
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BH2045 arrived this week (yay) and it is one of my 10x10 games for the challenge on BGG. This was my first time play and so made slow work of it, but had a lot of fun. Played solo vs the solo bot in the rules (did not use Morten's variant).

I played 4 buy rounds as written in the rules, and actually played the games to get a feel of how it worked. Needless to say, I got badly beaten by the bot in the first game, and it all seemed a little hopeless. However, by games three and four, the score was a little closer and while I still lost, it was not the home-run derby blow-out of games one and two.

My FA draft picks were biased towards hitting, and this was a bit of an achilles heel for me as I ended up close to 50% robots and the solo bot had a couple of cyborg pitchers that always seemed to come out to deny me a big innings with their curve balls. Also, my lack of defense sometimes left me watching while the bot racked up a big score. Somethings to consider for next time.

I took a 2-0 lead in the world series with a couple of convincing wins and won overall 4-2. I had Wiffle lead off twice - the first time failed as a cyborg cancelled all of his hits, but on game 6 he put up three runs after another robot homered after him (MVP ?). Excellent fun.

I shall probably try three buy rounds next as I could definitely see how the game flipped in my favor once I had 50% FA drafted in the team and got rid of the useless rookies in the starting team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Baseball Highlights! I would definitely recommend doing the 3buy rounds to begin. I know when you're starting out it feels like you're cutting yourself short, but for new players it's much easier to just get going.

Go Wiffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Wiffle! Indeed!

Welcome, and enjoy the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Cullum
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since writing this (it took a week to get through the moderators), I played again with three buy rounds and won 4-2.

So I went to two buy rounds and lost 4-2 (the bot did have Veerlander in his lineup that did lots of damage when he appeared). I tried again with two buy rounds and lost again, but lost 4-3 in a nailbiting game 7 heartbreaker. Definitely feeling more confident and will try again with two buy rounds to see if I can beat it.

Plus I now have a big box of stuff from EGG - expansions and more teams for me to mis-manage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.