Hide
2 Posts

Pie Town» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question About How to Spy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Susan Y
msg tools
Dumb question, how does one spy technically?

A higher leveled player has chosen to spy on me. Do I present my secret recipe box to the spy wherein they only peek at the appropriate number of ingredients? I trust that they won’t accidentally see more as they rummage around in my box? And surely I do not pass over the number of ingredients they are allowed to see, hiding the remaining ingredient(s)?

The boxes are not super sturdy and I wonder if heavy handed players manhandling the boxes might wear them down quicker, especially with a lot of spying and/or secret recipe changes?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fremgen
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually you can take your recipe box under the table (anywhere out of sight) and dump the ingredients into your hand. By feel you can pull out the right number and pass them along to the other player without looking, and when they're done take them back and place them all back in the box without looking at them. If you trust the people you are playing with they can do a similar thing of taking all the ingredients into their hand and pulling out the right number, and placing them back into the box carefully so as not to see any remaining.

It really comes down to whatever procedure your group is comfortable doing. Do what's intuitive and try not to peak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.