4 Posts

Treasure Lair» Forums » Rules

Subject: Claiming a Quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Price
msg tools
mb
Question about claiming a quest. I had a quest with two face up challenges that I defeated (thus surpassing the early failed quests rule). I failed the facedown challenge, which is revealed and should remain face up when I claim the quest.

The question is, now that it is a face up challenge, what happens if that challenge gets removed and my quest has no more challenges as part of an action - is the quest already completed before I go on the quest again? Or do I have to Begin a Quest again? If the latter, do I have to send party members to complete a quest with no challenges?

Great game, just wondering about this scenario. Does not seem to be covered in the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All failed quests are torn down and a new one built in its place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Price
msg tools
mb
On page 19, there is an optional rule for claiming a quest instead of discarding it

"If you fail to defeat a challenge in a quest where you have at least two participating heroes, you may claim the quest instead of failing the
quest and discarding it. If you claim a quest, place all of the undefeated challenges and the treasure card next to your play area. Then prepare a new quest as normal so there are three available to the other players.

If you choose not to claim the failed quest, simply discard the quest and prepare a new one as normal. During a later turn, you may
begin a quest and attempt the claimed quest as normal, with the only exception that some of the challenges may have already been
defeated during your previous attempt. Players can only attempt
their own claimed quests; another player cannot attempt your claimed quest for example.

If you begin a quest and attempt one of the three quests available to
all players, you must discard your claimed quest. If you attempt your claimed quest and fail to defeat all of the challenges again, you must discard the quest as normal. Actions and hero powers that affect
challenges and quests may target a claimed quest as normal.

Important: In order to claim a quest, you must have at least two heroes participating."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
theboardgamebandit wrote:
Question about claiming a quest. I had a quest with two face up challenges that I defeated (thus surpassing the early failed quests rule). I failed the facedown challenge, which is revealed and should remain face up when I claim the quest.

The question is, now that it is a face up challenge, what happens if that challenge gets removed and my quest has no more challenges as part of an action - is the quest already completed before I go on the quest again? Or do I have to Begin a Quest again? If the latter, do I have to send party members to complete a quest with no challenges?

Great game, just wondering about this scenario. Does not seem to be covered in the rules

Right, this special case isn't covered by the rules. However, I would suggest the following interpretation: once there are no challenges anymore, you may consider that the quest is automatically completed. No need to sacrifice an extra hero for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.