Subject: 11.9 Invasion Forces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Miller
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Rule 9.1 says 'Allied reinforcements may also enter by being placed in a nationally-appropriate and functioning beachhead supply hex.'

This is the only place in the rules where it is explained that additional forces can be brought into beachhead hexes where the Allied player had successfully landed in an earlier turn.

I assume there is no limit to the number of units that can be thus landed in reinforcement, so long as they come from the 9.3 'pool'?

Rule 11.9 says 'invasion forces' are drawn from the extra reinforcement pool. And says see 9.3..

Perhaps it should also have said 'invasion forces and following reinforcements landed at a beachhead'..?

I assume 9.2 'Normal Allied Reinforcements'..the FGA and FRA units...are NOT available to use in an amphibious attack or to be brought in as reinforcements in a beachhead hex? Can you verify one way or the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We asked Ty about it, and he said that the rule should be reworded as follows - we'll be adding "update the OU rulebook for future printings" to our list of things to do. Ty's ruling is as follows:

Add the following text at the end of rule 11.9: “Only US and UK corps are allowed to make amphibious invasions. Once a Beachhead Marker is established, however, all the units within its army grouping are potentially available to be brought ashore there. The Beachhead Markers may not have their army group affiliation changed once they’ve been deployed on the map. Stacking rules are in effect throughout these procedures, and no more than one full stack may be brought ashore in both Beachhead Markers during each game turn. Also note that the F1 and F2 “US” corps are indeed considered US corps for purposes of this rule.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Miller
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"no more than one full stack may be brought ashore in both Beachhead Markers during each game turn."

There are three beachhead supply markers.

So does this mean the reinforcement limit is one stack per Beachhead marker, or one stack per turn regardless of how many markers are in play?

It sounds like Ty means one stack of reinforcements per turn, to be available to land in whatever available, appropriate beachhead or (broken up to land in) beachheads the player chooses.

So Ty says the French forces can make amphibious invasion attacks, but..

Can the Canadians also make invasion attacks?

The rest of the nationality groupings can land as follow-on forces. Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Miller
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I wanted to confirm Ty's 11.6:

The Allied player can choose to 'do' three invasions in a game. They can be all in one turn or not (except on turn 1 or during an air power surge)

Each of the three invasions allows one beachhead marker and 1-2 Corps into a single hex.

Are the above two sentences correct? Can Ty confirm them?

In following turns,

"no more than one full stack may be brought ashore in both Beachhead Markers during each game turn"

I'm still not clear on what Ty means in this sentence.

First of all, you can have up to three beachhead markers operating (thus using the word 'both' only confuses me).

Second, does he mean every beachhead can bring in a full stack each turn (which would seem to make sense since the rules seem to allow six corps to land in a turn).

Or does he want only one stack allowed, regardless of how many beachhead markers are in place?

Finally, it is only my two cents, but a Six-Corps landing capacity in a single turn seems somewhat high to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Ty actually intended to allow only two corps/one beachhead to land in one turn but 11.1 and 11.6 don't say that.

One last thing, I assume a beachhead marker is destroyed if a Soviet unit enters the beachhead space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers from Mr. Bomba.

Caracalla wrote:
I wanted to confirm Ty's 11.6:

The Allied player can choose to 'do' three invasions in a game. They can be all in one turn or not (except on turn 1 or during an air power surge)

Each of the three invasions allows one beachhead marker and 1-2 Corps into a single hex.

Are the above two sentences correct? Can Ty confirm them?

Correct and confirmed.

Quote:
In following turns,

"no more than one full stack may be brought ashore in both Beachhead Markers during each game turn"

I'm still not clear on what Ty means in this sentence.

First of all, you can have up to three beachhead markers operating (thus using the word 'both' only confuses me).

Change the second-last sentence of the previously rewritten rule 11.9 to read as follows: “Stacking rules are in effect throughout these procedures, and no more than one full stack of eligible units may be brought ashore in every deployed Beachhead Marker during each game turn.”

Quote:
Finally, it is only my two cents, but a Six-Corps landing capacity in a single turn seems somewhat high to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Ty actually intended to allow only two corps/one beachhead to land in one turn but 11.1 and 11.6 don't say that.

On D-Day, the Allies brought ashore the four corps during one day. Each game turn here equals one week.

Quote:
One last thing, I assume a beachhead marker is destroyed if a Soviet unit enters the beachhead space?

Yes.

Quote:
Can the Canadians also make invasion attacks?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Miller
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks to the team. Great support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.