Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an ability can consume any element to +1 to attack, can it consume N elements to add +N attack?

I searched the FAQ but didn't see anything like this being asked.

I'm guessing no but the question came up when teaching my wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
mellman99 wrote:
If an ability can consume any element to +1 to attack, can it consume N elements to add +N attack?

Page 24 of the rules states that "a single icon cannot be used to consume more than one infusion." So even if an ability has the "Use Any Element" icon (the crosshairs over the six-color wheel), it's only allowed to consume one element and therefore the benefit is gained only once!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukePhoenix wrote:
mellman99 wrote:

Page 24 of the rules states that "a single icon cannot be used to consume more than one infusion." So even if an ability has the "Use Any Element" icon (the crosshairs over the six-color wheel), it's only allowed to consume one element and therefore the benefit is gained only once!

Thank you! I searched the faq but didn't think to search the digital rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
mellman99 wrote:
DukePhoenix wrote:
mellman99 wrote:

Thank you! I searched the faq but didn't think to search the digital rulebook.

You're welcome! I was quoting page 24 of the physical 2nd edition rules, but that part of the sentence is not bolded and easy to miss. I can't speak for 1st edition but I assume it's there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.