8 Posts

Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom» Forums » General

Subject: Future Wishlist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After playing 6 campaigns now with 4 different groups (3 still current, 3 TPK, 0 victorious) I've nowhere near seen all the cards and have had such an awesome experience. I love playing games blind and losing and learning is all part of the experience and the storytelling. I'm holding Dungeon Degenerates up there with my other grail game Kingdom Death: Monster. DD is such a nod of awesome and nostalgia from my childhood all the way through to the things I love about gaming and dark fantasy today.

On that point, I made some notes on some ideas I'd love to see in the expansions after finishing all the lore books last night. But, truthfully I just want Sean and Eric to know they made an awesome, awesome game and I'm all in just like many of us will be for the expansions of this chaotic world.
Just ideas...

Law deck having hounds/beasts It would be cool to have hounds or other beasts that the Law are utilising/harnessing/domesticating to enforce their justice. Probably with Rally though so they don't rock up alone.

Alternate Allies Henchmen, Mercenaries, Gutter Guides, Street Scum, Orphans, Pack Mules, Mounts, Renegade Goblins and Slaves. Adding beyond the pet collection.

Enhanced Weapons Playing the Dishonoured Knight who starts with the Poleaxe, I found lots of weapons but all were obsolete in comparison. Even an addition of the same standard weapons but made from Silver or Runes would rock and give that feeling of upgrading. There may be better weapons but I havent seen one yet for a Strength character.

Non-Human Characters Seriously the Banished Sorcerer is a badass. I'd say alternate gender art too but that's only because my girlfriend only ever plays females.

Lycanthrope/Vampirism CursesWolfman/Vampyr Curses from taking wounds. Chance of getting an illness/curse when fighting these monster types. More of a weakness than a skill, unlike Alley Cat who seems to have hers under semi-control.

Severe/Permanent Injuries Got Defeated but your party didn't and managed to save your ass. What about a scar to remember that fight? A missing eye or a few fingers. Maybe it could be done the same as a Loot roll. Got Defeated by a value 1 and a 2 targeting you? Thats 1,2 or 3 and you have a new injury. If you dont want it to be permanent maybe it would be heales the same as the Fungal Parasite.

Anyway, just ideas. Thanks for the experience. I always thought Talisman would be my daughter's first fantasy game but now that isn't the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
are these things on the roadmap or currently under development?

Law deck having hounds/beasts
yes.
you may have noticed the snoutbeast...

Alternate Allies Henchmen, Mercenaries, Gutter Guides, Street Scum, Orphans, Pack Mules, Mounts, Renegade Goblins and Slaves. Adding beyond the pet collection.
yes.

Enhanced Weapons
yes.
The dishonored knight does have amazing items to begin the game, but in some campaigns he is stripped of them. The black sword is arguably better, but there are a LOT more weapons you haven't seen yet.

Non-Human Characters
yes.

alternate gender art
if you mean as in a female version of the hinterlander or a male version of the void witch, no; we'd rather make entirely new characters.

Lycanthrope/Vampirism CursesWolfman/Vampyr Curses from taking wounds.
kind of!

Severe/Permanent Injuries
yes. along with other semi-permanent changes to your character goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned this during the campaign and Sean seemed keen, but I guess I'll pop it in here to keep it on the radar:

Necron 99 tribute character
Given the parallels of art and themes between DD and Bakshi's 'Wizards', being able to play as [for copyright purposes, not actually] Necron 99 in the DD world would be beyond amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny W
United States
Long Lake
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Might a common item card deck for the town be made available? So, things like a simple bow might always be easily purchasable.

Maybe a merchant contact could be established in town that is a player's personal pusher with special goods?

A magic system developed around arcane tattoos.

An astral realm of Bosch proportion weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks Eric.

lemmingsunday wrote:
A magic system developed around arcane tattoos.

As soon as my Corpse Burner got the Skill 'Warding' I instantly thought of tattoos. I instantly told the group that while everyone was resting he did a bit of self arcane inking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
When elected, I will ensure easy access to Weaponry for escaped fugitives. A black market weapon shop on every street corner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Shepherd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent played yet but am stoked by the world, so all I can offer at the moment are some character types:

Highwayman/woman - obviously good for getting gold while out on the paths and roads - maybe better at exploring/starts with a set number of pre explored places as they have travelled the lands more extensively in their day job

Disgraced Noble - can still pull strings when in towns by acting the part of a noble, but their weakness is they are entitled - whenever someone else in the party gets an upgrade or epic loot, they become demoralised

Gambler/con merchant - good for getting gold in towns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh and more interactions/differences between Reach and Melee. Can see it effect the Monsters in some cases with events but for the Heroes, not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.