Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Bunch
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not paint minis. I think I would be awful at it and would not want to deface my beautiful copy of Scythe by painting it myself. However, I am planning to pay a commission to someone at some point to get all of the minis (including the airships).

Ok, so Rise of Fenris is going to include 13 new minis. Should I wait to get my game painted until after I get all of the new minis to ensure that they are painted with the same colors? Is it possible that waiting would be a bad thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just asked a question regarding this on a live interview with stegmaier and the co-creator of this expansion and they were very hesitant to answer in detail. I think some of the minis are going to be in the boxes you unlock during gameplay. So if you want to be surprised as you play you probably won't be able to paint them all until after you're done with the first playthrough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Might also be good not to have everything (all expansions) painted at once. That will be a rather expensive endeavour. As long as you use the same painter for everything, they should all look the same quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Co-designer here. If you are worried about spoilers, go ahead and get your minis painted whenever you're ready. I know it might look weird to have unpainted minis mixed with painted ones, but if you want the "full" campaign experience (as Jamey and I intend it), you won't be able to have them painted first, I'm afraid. And, personally, I really recommend the "full" experience (of not spoiling the minis in advance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisPink wrote:
Might also be good not to have everything (all expansions) painted at once. That will be a rather expensive endeavour. As long as you use the same painter for everything, they should all look the same quality.

Agree with this approach.

I painted mine and believe the most who paint are consistent about which paints they use and techniques.

My approach was to tackle one all the characters first, then go back faction by faction for the mechs. Airships are more than a year behind the other work. Since I generally didn't need even five factions at a time it worked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are some of them available to paint when you first open the box, or all of them behind closed doors?

Just trying to figure out how long I should allot before starting a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
Are some of them available to paint when you first open the box, or all of them behind closed doors?

Just trying to figure out how long I should allot before starting a campaign.

I'm not sure if we're announcing that yet, so I'm going to defer answering for now. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Nilsson
msg tools
SpaceAlien wrote:

I painted mine and believe the most who paint are consistent about which paints they use and techniques.

Depends, if you have to mix special colors for the scheme then you might not get the exact tone 1-2 years later. Acrylics is a bit harder to color match, it gets darker when drying. Also, your technique can change over time.

It's possible to get the same result but it could demand some extra work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.