Subject: Starting 5-player game tomorrow...automa? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Greenberg
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We’ll have the same five players for every game...so is there a clear preference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 5 players, I definitely would not recommend using Automa. The 6th charter will grow on its own starting in Game 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
For 5 players, I definitely would not recommend using Automa. The 6th charter will grow on its own starting in Game 3.

I completely agree with Jamey and I’m saying that as a member of the team that designed the Automa system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmb
We're playing it 3 players, without Automa, and it feels perfectly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We did four players, no automa, had a blast. I'd probably only consider automa for one- or two-player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Greenberg
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for all the responses, can’t wait!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hayley Margules Arden
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
mortenmdk wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

I completely agree with Jamey and I’m saying that as a member of the team that designed the Automa system.

Do you think we should use the Automa for a two-player game? We're okay with the game being relatively chill. We played Seafall cooperatively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MastigosAtLarge wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Do you think we should use the Automa for a two-player game? We're okay with the game being relatively chill. We played Seafall cooperatively.

Personally, yes I would use one Automa in a 2-player game.

I'm currently playing through the campaign with my wife. We started with 2 Automas, but my wife who's not a gamer felt that rules got unlocked too quickly because of the two Automas, so we scaled back to 1 Automa and that works great for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.