Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Phase 2, if there is an empty row, can I still make a DNA purchase in that row without something to remove?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Phase 3 DNA purchases and Empty Rows
boomtron wrote:
In Phase 3, if there is an empty row, can I still make a DNA purchase in that row without something to remove?

My understanding is no. But I'll ping Brian and Jon to make sure I'm right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Johnson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
In Phase 3, if there is an empty row, can I still make a DNA purchase in that row without something to remove?

I assume you meant Phase 2 and we've been playing that you can't make a purchase in that row if there's nothing left. Confirmation from the designer would be good since this is a pretty rare thing to happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetatauman wrote:
boomtron wrote:

I assume you meant Phase 2 and we've been playing that you can't make a purchase in that row if there's nothing left. Confirmation from the designer would be good since this is a pretty rare thing to happen!

Oops, Ill fix the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
From a game balance perspective, I hope the answer is yes, you can still buy DNA from an empty row. To me, the item removal clause is an effect of buying the DNA, not a bi-directional requirement. If you can't execute the clause, you simply ignore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
From a game balance perspective, I hope the answer is yes, you can still buy DNA from an empty row. To me, the item removal clause is an effect of buying the DNA, not a bi-directional requirement. If you can't execute the clause, you simply ignore it.

I agree 100%. The board says buy DNA then remove an item from the row. The language seems quite clear to me that buying DNA is not contingent on being able to remove an item, it just must occur if any items remain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
In Phase 2, if there is an empty row, can I still make a DNA purchase in that row without something to remove?

Yes you can still purchase DNA from the row even if not marketplace items are left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.