Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There's spaces on the mats for vocations, but not for masterys, favors, legacys, or Safe.

2. Safe is green. The police/fire political office is purple. This has screwed me up every time I've set up the game.

Still a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. There's spaces on the mats for vocations, but not for masterys, favors, legacys, or Safe.

Yeah, there wasn't room to put all 13 types of tiles across the top. I felt it was more important to have a structured visual cue for the numbered vocation collections so that not only was it easy to tell what you have at a glance, but also what your opponents have.

We usually put acquired Master, Favor and the Safe tiles somewhere to the left or right of the vocations. We put our Legacy tiles on the bottom right of the player aid (sitting atop their scoring trigger).

Quote:
2. Safe is green. The police/fire political office is purple. This has screwed me up every time I've set up the game.

But the setup instructions telling you where to put the Safe tile are in black. laugh

More seriously, the green of the Safe tile was chosen to be the antithesis of the red Disaster tiles.

Quote:
Still a lot of fun.

Glad to hear it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
The one simple nonfunctional thing I'd change: the river has a natural divide between the southern zone that scores prestige, and the northern zone that scores wealth. The town is divided into four zones, of which the easternmost two score prestige, and the westernmost two score wealth. It'd be so easy to swap the locations of blue and purple so that everything south of the centre scores prestige, and everything north scores wealth.

(The other niggle is that the reference card doesn't have the coloured vote icons next to the political offices, but apparently that's already being implemented for the second printing, which is great to see.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.