Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like an interesting game but is it colorblind friendly? I have slight color blindness and this game seems like it would be challenging to play for me. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously it depends on the severity of your colourblindness; but here are some images which should help you out:

Looking at punchboard 1 (upper-left): look at the third row (4 tiles with cobras on the back). The tiles (from left to right) are purple, orange, green and blue.

The circular tokens on punchboard 1 (in the lower left corner of the board) are brown, red, and yellow. Note that only one of the tokens in that sector is yellow; the top half are brown and the bottom half are red.

In this image there is an equal mix of blue, orange, purple and green dice.

If you are having difficulty discerning any of these colours (especially the dice) than you might find the game a bit difficult to navigate. Not being able to differentiate between the tile colours would make setup difficult.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unfortunately, no.

my partner is colorblind and has troubles in this game with green and purple.

I'm not colorblind and with this game have trouble with green and blue. especially the small die symbols on the province tiles and yield tiles on the advanced player boards.

it's still a great game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To help with differentiating between the green and blue tiles, I usually put them on opposite sides and I put the extra dice next to the stacks of their respective colors. Seeing the blue or green dice next to a set of stacks is easier to see and the icons on the tiles for us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had trouble telling apart the green/orange and blue/purple dice. Most of it was due to their transparency; putting them against a neutral background helped. As for the board, it just took the other players confirming what was what at the beginning of the game.

And I'd recommend not only sorting the tiles by color, but keeping the same colored dice near their matching tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vegan Gamer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We just played it for the first time. I'm not colour blind but in anything less than high light the green and blue dice seem a little too close in my opinion. Not really a problem - you can distinguish if you look carefully - but might be an issue for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I am going to pass on this game. It's no fun for me struggling to see differences especially since my house mostly has low light at night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Lindholm
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had problems with blue/purple and orange/green dice, so I ended up with buying new opaque dice from https://www.bgextras.co.uk/black-six-sided-16mm-d6-dice-with... in the UK. (Just choose the right color and select 12 of each dice).
Perfect dice in the same size as the original ones. I would have liked the blue dice to be light blue, but at least I can differate them from the purple ones without any trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.