Popular Tags: [View All]
Tabletop Tags
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be my first Con, and while I’m super excited I am having trouble finding info on who will be there! Is there a good spot to find details?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the info will be on the wiki page:

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGGCON_Spring#

There's not a lot of details yet about what companies will be exhibiting at BGG.Spring this year, but you can look at the 2017 info there to get a general idea before this year get's updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely keep subscribed to the forums. Stuff will begin to pop up toward the end of March. I run the Virtual Flea Market which starts up around the end of March or beginning of April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabletop Tags
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Appreciate the insight. This will be my first Con and I'm just a bit eager to know who/what will be there!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so awesome that it's your first! One thing to check out too is the First Timers meetup, put on by one of the organizers or Team Geek (I run the meetup at the fall con; Lainie did the last Spring one).

I also recommend spending time playing the Spiel des Jahres games. The nominees are freshly announced, and a number of the judges come over from Germany to teach and answer questions. Definitely a highlight of the Spring con for me.

Who and what are you hoping to see there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabletop Tags
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips! Yes, we'll definitely check out the First Timers Meetup!! That's what I was hoping to find in this thread; a breakdown of all the events and main things going on. I'm involved in the Instagram community too, so I'm going to see if we can't get a group of players that are active online together too!

To answer your questions:

Who? Stonemaier, Blue Orange, Space Cowboys, Ledergames with playable demo of Root would be awesome! Basically any solid game designers so we can talk about their process, ideas, and new games coming on the horizon.

What am I hoping to do? Meet great game designers, play a tonnnnn of games, buy a tonnnn of games, and make some friends in the community! Playing games locally for years and years, but wanting to branch out and make some friends across the country!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Shaw
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having attended both BGG.CON in the fall for many years and BGG.Spring for the first time last year, I would caution you to temper your expectations when it comes to vendors and how many games you will buy. The Fall convention has grown to have a very large vendor presence over the years. The Spring convention felt more like what the Fall convention used to be. A small amount of vendors with the main focus of the convention being about playing games. Most game designers are fairly active on this website, and some of the ones you mentioned have attended the convention in the past. Not sure about Spring. Reach out to them and find out if they will be there, then make plans to meetup with them and play a game. You will get more out of that then talking at a vendor booth.

Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that you're in Denver; we have a lot of gaming groups and gatherings in Denver! Let me know if you need help finding any of them.

Also, I'm running a new tabletop gaming con in a week and a half- www.hexacondenver.org; if you come, say hi and we can talk BGG Spring over a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
Spring con doesn't have many pre-planned events, or any speakers, or big meet and greets with designers.

There are definitely some vendors there, so if you want to play the new queen, stronghold, Mayfair, or Northstar games (and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head), you are definitely in luck. Dominic from Northstar is usually there the first day, but doesn't stay the whole con.

The highlight of the con, which absolutely sets it apart from any other con is the SdJ section. They set up and demo all the sdj nonminees and you get to meet and talk to some of the judges.

otherwise, the con is literally just about playing games for a few days straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtaggerty wrote:
What am I hoping to do? ... buy a tonnnn of games

Definitely encourage participating in the virtual flea market. The more the merrier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be my first year attending BGG Spring, and I can't wait! It'll be the perfect time to meet up with fellow gamers and play games until my eyeballs fall out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it now...

Me: "Hey, guys. Look! It's Rodney Smith."

My Boys: "Oh yeah, the guy you watch all the time. Let's go meet him."

My Wife: "Isn't he the one who makes you spend too much money on games?"

Me: "Yeah, you know, we can probably meet him later. Who wants lunch?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabletop Tags
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent Rodney! I've been waiting for some from the online community to come out and commit to going! I'll keep my eye out for ya, let's get something on the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roberts
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I demand a free hug upon the moment we see each other!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otscotty wrote:
I can see it now...

Me: "Hey, guys. Look! It's Rodney Smith."

My Boys: "Oh yeah, the guy you watch all the time. Let's go meet him."

My Wife: "Isn't he the one that makes you spend too much money on games?"

Me: "Yeah, you know, we can probably meet him later. Who wants lunch?"

I will bring a mask. We can meet incognito!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrdisco102 wrote:
I demand a free hug upon the moment we see each other!

Curses, I usually charge $10. Okay... just this one time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtaggerty wrote:
Excellent Rodney! I've been waiting for some from the online community to come out and commit to going! I'll keep my eye out for ya, let's get something on the table!

I would enjoy that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodney
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
This will be my first year attending BGG Spring, and I can't wait! It'll be the perfect time to meet up with fellow gamers and play games until my eyeballs fall out.

A couple of years back I missed a chance to meet Rodney in Tulsa, OK. This time I got a chance to meet him and say "You look taller on YouTube!"

Can't wait to game with you my Canadian Brother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jae_Knight wrote:
Pelvidar wrote:

A couple of years back I missed a chance to meet Rodney in Tulsa, OK. This time I got a chance to meet him and say "You look taller on YouTube!"

What if I end up looking shorter?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodney
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
Jae_Knight wrote:
Pelvidar wrote:

What if I end up looking shorter?!?!

Size matters not! Only your gaming skills. It will be cool just to meet you, no matter what size you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.