Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scheme card says to spawn a defeated captain. If there are only two heroes and two captains on the board would I spawn a third? I am reading it to mean I would only use the two captains in a two player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ll have to double check the rules; but I’m pretty sure that you always have access to 4 captains regardless of how many start out on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember a line stating that if none were defeated, you don’t do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
The scheme card says to spawn a defeated captain. If there are only two heroes and two captains on the board would I spawn a third? I am reading it to mean I would only use the two captains in a two player game.

I played as the card states. Started with 2 captains in a 2 player. Still had 2 on the board. Since neither was defeated there is no spawn. If a card says "spawn a captain" then I would spawn a 3rd.

Of course if I was to really do as the card says I would spawn a captain that enters play defeated and then he would immediately come off the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There might be an ability or card that tells you to "place a captain," in which case I would add one even if already at player-count capacity. But I agree that "defeated captain" is the key phrase here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jetewabbie wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

I played as the card states. Started with 2 captains in a 2 player. Still had 2 on the board. Since neither was defeated there is no spawn. If a card says "spawn a captain" then I would spawn a 3rd.

Of course if I was to really do as the card says I would spawn a captain that enters play defeated and then he would immediately come off the board.

I thought the same, however, the main problem with this is that the rules say to place defeated captains back into the supply. So I am not sure what the point is in using the term "defeated" on the cards since they are never kept separately.

We had a couple other issues with the Captains:

1. There is a scheme from a quest card which requires the Captains to move to a location which may be located immediately behind them (such as a Dungeon), Do they move backwards?

2. Some enemy objective cards have text following the darkness symbol stating "if Each Captain is.." Does this mean each Captain on the board, or all Captains in the game? Why not use "every" as opposed to "each"? This was very confusing as to whether the cards would trigger. Also, since the text is preceded by a darkness symbol, do you still roll a die with the darkness symbol after activating that part of the card even if the effect itself does not trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Gardiner
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the video on Kickstarter, they are playing a three player game.

When this card came up, they didn't add a fourth captain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpreted the setup rules as (max) number of captains = number of players. Therefore when playing a solo game to learn the rules with 2 heroes, I only used 2 captains. Won by a nose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.