Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a structure and a minion on a hex next to ferrenroc, would the minion move into ferrenroc or stay on the hex with structure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Farrenroc is always their top priority
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is a March then they stay. But if just a normal move then yes they go to Farrenroc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming back to this question, because it is quite important.

I wish they had put a simple statement in the movement rules to clarify this, such as "If an enemy is already in one of its priority areas, then that is considered the closest area and it will not move when the March card is drawn."

I am going to play it that way, because it opens up the possibility of more tactics, such as placing structures near muster areas to slow the march toward Farrenroc.

I initially thought that Farrenroc ovverruled everything and had them swarming in toward the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
Coming back to this question, because it is quite important.

I wish they had put a simple statement in the movement rules to clarify this, such as "If an enemy is already in one of its priority areas, then that is considered the closest area and it will not move when the March card is drawn."

I am going to play it that way, because it opens up the possibility of more tactics, such as placing structures near muster areas to slow the march toward Farrenroc.

I initially thought that Farrenroc ovverruled everything and had them swarming in toward the city.

The March description in the rulebook makes it sound like you would stay in an area if it has one. I am hoping one of the Sadlers can answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m pretty sure that you guys have this right. I believe there is a specific example in the book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify if I got this right...

On p.4 the rulebook states (concerning March orders)
Quote:
Each minion in a non-objective structureless area moves 1 area, following priority.

So, when in any area containing a structure or object (or being Farrenroc), they stand still.

On p.6 it says
Quote:
Minions always move toward the closest location that contains a structure, an objective, or Farrencroc.

The wording ("always move") sounds as if they would always move, even if they are in a target area - but that would also mean that they move out of Farrenroc if they're already there. So, I assume that they only move if they're not already in a target area, same as with March orders.

Quote:
When there are several valid destinations, send minions to the highest priority based on the following order:

So, when the minion is in an area without objective/structure/Farrenroc and several areas containing one of those are in the same distance, it moves to the highest priority target.

Quote:
1. Farrenroc
2. The objective location corresponding to the highest conquest track
3. Structures

So, what's missing is:
Not_in_rulebook wrote:
4. Objective locations corresponding to the lower conquest tracks

Because according to everything stated before, those are also valid targets.

Some posts above, a point was made for different movement due to March oders and other sources of movement. I can't see much support in the rulebook for this, especially as the March oder text on p.4 explicitly references the movement rules on p.6.
I think, it's just a not so good rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
I read 2 as, all objective locations - if more than one are equal distance, select the one corresponding to the highest conquest track.

I've seen far worse rulebooks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminHester wrote:
I read 2 as, all objective locations - if more than one are equal distance, select the one corresponding to the highest conquest track.

Yeah, Banner Saga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
BenjaminHester wrote:

Yeah, Banner Saga.

Yeah the prospect of one Megacon product "out-worsening" the other is always likely. (Emergence Event: The Awakening comes to mind) Dark Frontier really is fantastic though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm playing:
Everything moves towards it's 'closest' item on the priority list, with it's current hex being counted as closer than an adjacent one.
It basically means everything stays still at the start of the game and movement becomes more of an issue as the game progresses, which feels right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Gardiner
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how I play it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One other benefit of that interpretation is that structures will actually act like defensive fortifications. Enemies will head towards the structures and remain there, assaulting the structure instead of continuing on to Farrenroc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.