Subject: *SPOILERS* Prime Evil Script 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Long
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools

Relevant Rule Reminder: "Zombie: [Mandatory - Day End] If there is a location where there are more zombies than non-zombies, kill one character in that location (only once per day, for all zombies combined) (reminder: a corpse is no longer considered a character)"

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Question 1: Can the Mystery Boy (who himself has the Zombie role) be killed by the zombies if he is the only available target? (example: Mystery Boy is alone in the School and there is 1 intrigue, i.e. 1 other zombie, in the School and no other intrigue on the board). A strict reading of the rules says YES, but this seems slightly odd.

Question 2: can the Mystery Boy kill *himself* if he is the only available target? (example: Mystery Boy is alone in the School and there is NO intrigue anywhere on the board). Again, a strict reading of the rules says YES (there is 1 zombie in the school; there are 0 non-zombies in the school; therefore, a character (which the Mystery Boy clearly still is) in the school dies), but this seems VERY odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
I think that in the case that you mentioned
the Mystery Boy
would have to be considered a corpse and not a character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bonner
msg tools
I think the strict reading is correct.

There's nothing on the info sheet to suggest that a Zombie has to be a corpse (just that various corpses are considered Zombies), and if you do consider the living Mystery Boy a corpse, it starts creating problems with other rules like whether he can trigger incidents or have cards played on him.

He's basically the guy in the zombie movie who got infected and didn't tell anyone, and then he secretly starts craving brains, or becomes a full zombie at the worst possible moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.