Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Target mechanism of the Phoenix (Spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Uber
Germany
flag msg tools
Happy new year to everybody

i had my first encounter with the Phoenix today and appareantly beat him. While fighting the phoenix it seemed to me that i unintentionally cheated.... Therefore i have a few questions interpreting his actions.
Since this question does contain some information on the AI cards I say SPOILER INCOMING...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
A lot of the AI cards of the Phoenix say Target "Last Threat to wound..." when trying to determine who to attack. Directly after that it usually says as the 2nd option "perform his instinct (forogt it's name)".
Now, since this has been on all of his AI cards I drew, he never really attacked me with his attacks because he never did make a wound to someone. The only thing he did was dealing brain damage to everyone (Spiral age, or Hit location reactions).
The questions now is, does brain damage also count as a wound? If so, since all survivors did get hit by brain damage, can I then choose which of them he will attack, in case of tie in terms of distance to the phoenix?

On this way i'd like to thank the whole community on here for their contributions on KDM. These forums have been a treasure while waiting for this jewel of a game

KR

zweig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure he targets the last survivor to wound him, not the last survivor the phoenix wounded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Tanner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
Pretty sure he targets the last survivor to wound him, not the last survivor the phoenix wounded.

Yes that’s right - otherwise it would be “last threat to be wounded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
"wound" is not a concept applied to survivors.
Survivors get "damage", "brain damage", "(light/heavy/severe) injuries", "bleeding tokens" and "brain trauma".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Uber
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you all very much for the fast response!
Well it seems I really messed up that fight... at least it was a honest mistake. I'll just go with it and try it again after a Butcher lvl 2 -.-

Thank you again.

P.S.: @t3clis special thanks to your contribution of the forums! it Really helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.