2 Posts

Pie Town» Forums » General

Subject: Replenishing Orchard? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madison B
Canada
flag msg tools
I have a question regarding the orchard. I've played at all player counts now and at both the 3 and 4 player count, we ran into situations where the first 2 players are throwing down a 6 in the orchard and basically clearing the tree. Then someone snags first player and next round the same 2 players are clearing the tree every round. It got to a point where the whole table was confused as to why half of the players were unable to bake any pies.

Are we supposed to be replenishing the tree once it's empty mid round? I feel like we are definitely missing something. I've also seen tutorial videos with 3 ingredients in each hex instead of 2 but the rules clearly state 2 ingredients per hex...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruse
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
It’s always replenish to 2 at the beginning of every round. I believe this is part of the strategy of the game. If someone takes all ingredients then you should be taking that first player marker (you get to go first and take the ingredients next time) and using your 6 to instead sell pies (which gets you 2 ingredients as well as bare minimum 6 points) and to do upgrades or hire. If it just replenished for everyone it would kind of be a boring solitaire mp game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.