Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: Palpatine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
SO i just got the card, and we played a game with friend. Did i had bad luck , or just this card is way too strong ? Every time my opponent activates the Emperor, he does 2 damage ( split anyway i want, yes but its still 2 damage ) , and that's on top of the ranged 2 or 3 damage he was rolling pretty much every round.

I had Obi Wan and commando trooper, half way through my deck my both characters were with 2 hp left and in a couple more rounds they died. Palpatine , combined with his upgrade cards was dealing 4 to 6, sometimes even 7 damage every time ,and not to mention his other character who was dealing some damage too....I mean this card is just too much.

I am not misreading the card or something, it does 2 damage every time its dice are rolled , correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Palpatine is a good Card

You dont do 2 Damage everytime you roll the Die, only everytime you resolve a Palpatine Die.
So when your opponent has ways to Remove your Die, they dont do the 2 extra Damage, for Example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Well yes, sorry that's what i mean, when you resolve the die, but he was resolving it every time, because he almost never rolled misses. And he also has 15 HP, its absurd , i was focusing my both characters on him ,all the damage , got him to 6 hp left.

My opponent support cards were aso rolling shields and placing them on Palpatine , i mean wtf , I felt like he is unkillable ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said he is really good, but he shines more when playing him Elite. Against him its strong to remove his die.

But as far as I know he is not considered Top Tier right now, there are other, stronger builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Just to make sure i am building my decks right, could someone give me some quick pointers - how many support, event and upgrade cards should a good, well balanced deck has ? I think my decks have around 6 upgrades ( 3 for each character i guess ) and around 4 support, the rest events.

Thanks

Is there specific counter against Palpatine ? Specific card or cards that help ? I had the commando card that takes opponent die if I roll the special ability, which happened like twice for the whole game we had, so didn't really worked too well....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Just to make sure i am building my decks right, could someone give me some quick pointers - how many support, event and upgrade cards should a good, well balanced deck has ? I think my decks have around 6 upgrades ( 3 for each character i guess ) and around 4 support, the rest events.

Thanks

Is there specific counter against Palpatine ? Specific card or cards that help ? I had the commando card that takes opponent die if I roll the special ability, which happened like twice for the whole game we had, so didn't really worked too well....

Just with a big thump some Starting Deckbulding Tipps which helped me a lot in the Beginning:

8-14 Cards which bring a Die in the Game
16-22 other Cards, mainly Events

Be aware of the Costs so you need most of the Cards in Range 0-2 and fewer with higher cost.

put in a good mixture of Cards that do damage or help you do damage and "Control" cards that let you reroll Dice and/or Remove Opponents Dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Is there specific counter against Palpatine ? Specific card or cards that help ?
Any cards that remove his dice. Electroshock, He Doesn't Like You, Flank, Isolation, Negotiate, Dodge, etc.

So he rolls his only two dice and your next action is to remove them. Then his turn is basically over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Demers
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”-Thorin Oakenshield
badge
"Joooe Cool, hanging 'round the water fountain..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:

Thanks

Anything that outright removes his dice is effective, even if it deals damage to you, ( Like with cannon fodder or something) because you'll often end up getting less damage than otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elite Palpatine is nuts, yes -- if he rolls damage and you can't constantly remove his dice, he can easily deal 6-8 damage per turn. Combine that with some 5-HP heals and some shield effects, and your removal may run out soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy Castro
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deflect is pretty awesome against Palp, die removal and damage. Doubt is good too. Oh, and there's Prized Possession but thats pretty pricey to get to the table and goes away when the character dies.

There's counters for everything so don't get frustrated. Just keep building and trying out new things.

You may have fun with using Kylo from the 2player expansion. Vs. a mono color deck can let you deal 2 damage back pretty consistently as well. Fight fire with fire and 12 health to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there are better combos today - especially with the new cycle released palp is strong and the force is strong in him... however he has good opponents now. Check the rosters who plays on tournaments.

This game can be finished within 3-4 rounds now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.