Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eike Armbrust
Germany
Wolfenbuettel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning!

My daughter will turn 12 next month and we thought about having a "escape room" birthday party at home. Will any of the scenarios in this game or the expansions (or of a different escape room game available in German) be solvable by a group of 12-year-olds?

Thanks in advance,

Eike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Saari
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been awhile since I played those scenarios, but my daughter (now 11) played all of them with me. She was certainly able to contribute, but I don't know if she would have been successful if only playing with friends and no adults.

I would recommend either:

1) Have one adult in the group with them, even if that person is an armchair quarterback type

2) Allow them to use clue cards as they determine they need them instead of waiting until the designated times on the cards. The way we play is that if you flip over a clue card and it deals with something you already solved, you get to flip over the next one. With only kids, I'd allow clue cards to be taken early.

In terms of scenario, I think the first one (Prison Break) was probably the easiest as far as I can recall. That's the one I'd recommend. I definitely remember my daughter solving some of those puzzles, including a big one at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.