United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a package with USPS that is "stuck." The problem is it shipped last month and I have no idea what it is. Due to the volume of things ordered to my house (in-laws also order to here) it could be any number of things. I can't seem to figure it out as all my Christmas gifts arrived...

The weird thing is the package is "stuck" bouncing between saying it's going to be delivered and then going back to my regional sorting facility. It's bounced 3 times. It also says it is "DELAYED" in USPS Informed Delivery.

My questions are 2-fold.

1) What should I do to try and get it unstuck?

2) How can I figure out what this package is if the sender is just a generic online stamp company (in this case "RAPID ENTERPRISES INC/STAMPS").

I'm wondering if it could be board game related. It's coming from Burnsville, MN. Any known distributors or Kickstarter shippers in that town?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
you could file a lost mail thing on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it looks like it could actually be from Legion Supplies. I've emailed them to see, since their confirmation emails don't provide tracking numbers for me to match up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar issue, website/phone were not helpful and I went down and talked to the post master. He was actually able to make some calls and get the package back to me instead of constantly bouncing between two countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, this is the sort of bureaucratic nonsense that requires paying obeisance to a bureaucrat. Head down to the post office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian hunt
United States
red rock
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i dont know how far each post office is for you but sometimes you can catch it if you go in and it is in the particular facility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Sweeney
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to me once as the sender. In my case the package had bust open because they threw it around like a rag doll. The SENDER has to file a missing mail thing and describe in english all the stuff that was in the box because apparently they just toss it all into some kind of repository that in my head I picture as a great setting for a Pixar film.

In my case it was a bunch of misc 40k stuff, and so over the phone I was lucky enough to have a stark realization of just how nerdy our hobby is as I described that minis are kinda like "really small toys" and then had to spell out "Electro-Priests" including the hyphen in a very concerned tone. I was pretty sure the guy probably dealt with missing ticklers and other adult items and so was unfazed by all the non-sense I was talking, but it was a strange experience none-the-less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
biff pow
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to me once because the sender had mailed using Media Mail, and the item (trading cards) was in the gray area of what is and is not within that classification. The package bounced between facilities for weeks, but I finally had success when I contacted a postmaster, much like a previous poster. I think that is the way to get the issue solved--though they may return it to sender if they perceive the issue to be the sender's fault.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Webster
United States
Middletown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This happened with my Wits and Wagers Vegas KS. I went down to the post office and they were able to help me out. They took my mobile number and called me when it got to their office.

I did have to be sort of forceful. The first response was we can't do anything about that. If you persist they will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R F
msg tools
Best bet is to do some calling (or physically go to a USPS office). My experience is that what the customer tracking sites display is limited in information, giving you generic responses like "Package is in error" or "Issue with delivery", while tracking down an actual person can get them to access the computer systems and find out "Actually, it got damaged in transit in the Berlin depot, and is now being sent back for a refund"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen packages travel back and forth between the same two locations over a dozen times, for a total of about 6-7 times travelling to each location. It might be a weird display error, or it might actually be tossed back and forth. In either case they've messed up and complaints are in order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.