Arboretum» Forums » General

Subject: Playing with a Cirucs Flochati deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shayne Slauter
United States
California
flag msg tools
A Circus Flochati deck has 10 suits and a range from 0 - 7. If you changed the rule that if one holds a 0 in the hand of one suit and another holds a7 in one suit of the same that the 7 turns into a -1, would all else in the game be ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
Galahad to the Rescue!
badge
May the Holy Grail protect me from these evil deeds!
mbmbmbmbmb
you would be missing out on the beautiful artwork... other than that, yep, you would be pretty ok playing this game with that deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play with the 0s as 8s. Count then as 8 for everything and then it would be exactly the same, and probably easier to remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spatho wrote:
I would play with the 0s as 8s. Count then as 8 for everything and then it would be exactly the same, and probably easier to remember.

An 8 is just a 0 with a belt on anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Spatho wrote:

If he's playing with people who have never played Arboretum, though, asking Them to think of 0 as an 8 would be more confusing. After all, your scoring routes go in increasing order and zero is not more than seven.

So I agree that making 0 an 8 could be beneficial to experienced Arboretum players, but noobies would be better off with zero being the lowest number, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One issue with that though is that it will change the distribution of point totals for determining scoring rights from players' hands at the end of the game. Which might not be a big deal, but it won't quite be Arboretum.

I see what you're saying about maintaining sequential number order for new players. Some might find it easier than others to use the 0s as 8s. It may be a case of how experienced with games in general, if not Arboretum itself, new players are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.