Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing the videos I wonder if it is a game that can be used played solo or do you really need more people taking the different roles needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing the game solo since the very beginning, and the solo mode has even influenced several core mechanics, to be honest with you. If you take a look at the watch change tiles, for example, then this is a direct consequence of extensive solo mode testing. We initially had four cards per player representing the sailors, but once you had to flip 16 (!) cards on your own when changing the watch in solo, it was a real pain!

So we started thinking about how to make it more convenient, and hence the watch change tiles that we have now. One flip per role and that's it! What is more, when you play solo you don't have to communicate with other players, which also saves you a lot of time - you don't need to issue orders and explain what you want, so you save a lot of time when playing alone.

Last, but not least, it never happens in the game that two roles have to do something mission-critical at the very same time. The flow of events is organized in accordance with a certain rhythm, so as not to overload the players with tasks, but to allocate them as evenly as possible. That allows for a steady pace of play and for each role to be evenly 'loaded' with things to do (so they are neither bored, nor exhausted).

And, on top of all that, the solo player must stay on his toes and balance his time allocation to each of the four stations Oh, and don't forget that each role is modular, so you can choose easier difficulty settings for the modules that you wish to simplify

So no worries, solo mode has been planned from the very beginning and we are working hard so as to make it a fully-fledged game functionality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Underhill
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, in-depth answer to a question I was wondering myself. Thank you! Individual difficulty levels for the modules sounds fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will make selecting a specific officer's role when playing solo much easier. If I want to say, just to be preoccupied mainly with the duties of the Kommandant, I can simplify all the others. Or if I want to role play the 1st officer and so forth.
Modular difficulty will also simulate to a certain extent that you are giving orders to other officers to carry out.. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is one of the consequences of variable difficulty levels Once we implement them in the app, I would like to have a big menu in solo mode with all the settings to customize the game fully. First, however, we need to launch that campaign thing... It takes so much time I would rather devote to pushing the design forward surprise

But without a successful campaign we might not live to see all the cool stuff that we have in store for you So, first the campaign, and after that we will know what we're capable of
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't think you have to worry about the Kickstarter not being successful. From the level of interest in this game, I predict it will reach all of its goals with plenty of time left over..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so, although we have so much cool stuff in store for U-boat enthusiasts that I doubt whether we manage to unlock it all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lillibridge
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, what’s the highest unlockable level? 😏
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
I hope so, although we have so much cool stuff in store for U-boat enthusiasts that I doubt whether we manage to unlock it all

As long as the "cool stuff" is more goodies to play the game with, like optional boat insignias, late war conning tower with extra flak guns etc,
I'm game for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to have the Turmumbau variants and all the FLAKs, but it seems that those will be postponed until the mid-late ware expansions (if we ever get to do those).

As for the stretch goals, then I cannt reveal too many details, but there will be primarily all sorts of cool functionalities for the app, then some plastic goodness to make the game look better, and also some very neat collector's items for U-boat enthusiasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.