Fog of Love» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter Exclusivity? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yuyang Pang
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would like to know, what the in box differences is between the Kickstarter and the retail versions of the game are.

From what i gather it is mostly scenarios. Are there any that are 100% exclusive to the KS edition? I've read somewhere that there are plans to bring some KS scenarios as expansion packs, true?

On that note, what are the plans for scenario pack?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Afaik ALL (currently) KS exclusive scenarios will be available in retail later, there is nothing completely exclusive in the KS box! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Since HushHush landed a deal with Walmart, and since the game has gotten praise after praise from reviewers, I don't think you will have to worry. As 'miruki' wrote, all three expansion packs that were part of the campaign are planned to be released in retail, aswell.
The three promo cards handed out at fairs already have been included in the KS edition aswell, simply saving backers the trip to the publisher's booth (so far).

I am not sure, however, if the dividers will be part of the retail version of the game. Could not think of a reason they should not, but still. I am only bringing this up because they were packed separately, but that could be because they could have been forgotten in the regular production run (can't remember).

So, all in all, you should get everything concerning gameplay in retail or at conventions (promos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dividers should be included in the retail edition as well. The dividers being left put of the box was a mistake in the ks edition.

So yes the KS edition has 3 extra scenario packs of cards (and the components to go with them as well). All 3 will be sold as expansions at some point. No one knows if all will be in one expansion or if each will be sold as 3 separate expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Quote:
I am not sure, however, if the dividers will be part of the retail version of the game.

I have the retail edition, and it has dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuyang Pang
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice!

Thanks for the answers everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Headman
United States
Lancaster
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darker wrote:
Quote:
I am not sure, however, if the dividers will be part of the retail version of the game.

I have the retail edition, and it has dividers.

Nice to know this game gets your seal of approval! I have been loving Spirit Island and just ordered Fog of Love. Hopefully I can still convince my partner to break out SI after she tries this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.